The Student Room Group
Write a balanced equation.

Do you understand Le Chataliere's principle?
You should understand le chataliere's principlefrom AS chem, same thing applies to this q. eg increase in temperature moves the position of equilibrium in the endothermic direction etc etc. The only difference is you have to write out the kc equation first and then explain what the changes of pressure and temp does to the concentrations.
Reply 3
ok pressure does not affect the Kc value but temperature does. For equilibrium, increased pressure will give more products I think. I will assume that the reaction is exothermic (as it gives out heat) so increase temperature for both Kc and equilibrium, it will move to the endothermic direction this time the reactants to give more of them.

i think this is right but please correct me if i'm wrong. thanks.
If you have written a balanced equation, you can see that there are fewer molecules on the right (3 vs 2). If you increase pressure, the system will minmize this increase by shifting to the right (more steam) as fewer molecules take up less volume=less pressure.

Yes, increase in temperature means the reverse reaction is favoured so you get more reactants at equilibrium. So what happens to the Kc?
Reply 5
i'm guessing it gets smaller with an increase in temperature because you divide by a bigger number

Latest