The Student Room Group

Telephone test help?!

Hi I recently went for a job at HSA to be a customer service advisor (answering queries about healthplans etc) anyway I passed the telephone interview and have a interview tomorrow with them where I have to complete a telephone role play. A 'customer' will ring up and be aggitated over the level of service they've received and see how I respond. Any advice or do's and don't's? I was going to stay calm, apologise but have very little other ideas!
thanks for any help
Reply 1
The exact right thing you should do - Also apologise but stay emotionally unattached and profesional. For example if they "customer" is extremely aggresive don't say we'll refund you or we will compensate you. Or you will receive this etc. If it is not a) company policy or b) your paygrade doesn't let you make those decisions and you have not consulted a superior on the individual matter. Of course if you are able to handle the complaint without external help. The Great. Dependant on how vigorous the test is. Maintain a polite and calm telephone manner at all times. Do not raise your voice and calmy repeat the standard information. Do not become or appear to be condesening, aggresive. You must be passive. Like a machine and follow procedure.

Latest

Trending

Trending