The Student Room Group

Resitting A2s - declining grade unnecessary?

According to my old college, you can retake modules after completing your A2s without having to decline the grade. To quote exactly what they put on a handout with our results:

"The rules about declining grades have changed this summer. If you have received a disappointing AL result and decide that you wish to re-sit one or more A2 units at a later date, it is NOT necessary to decline your AL grade from this summer's examinations."

I'm just confirming if this is true? All the advice given on this forum that I've found with the search tool seems to be to the contrary.
Reply 1
According to my sixth form. OCR do not need to have declined grades for A2 students resitting. However, I know for centain that edexcel do need grades to be declined. Anyway, it the deadline for that was 20th september, I am not sure if you are going to be able to decline. If lucky they may just want a small fee.
Reply 2
Seriously? If that's true and my college has ****ed up, I'm utterly screwed. Do you know what's happening for AQA students?
Reply 3
Right, I'm sort of having a 2am panic now and I've looked up all sorts of stuff on the internet. Most sources seem to say something along the lines of

"From the January 2008 examination series, a candidate who wishes to re-use unit scores in an effort to improve a grade is no longer required, nor will be able, to decline the original award. This means that, after certification, candidates will not have to retake the whole qualification to improve performance but may do so through re-sitting individual units. The last date by which candidates can decline a grade will be 20 September 2007."

Does this apply to me if I'll be resitting in Jan 2008, then?
naz707
However, I know for centain that edexcel do need grades to be declined

Not any more.

If you got the A-levels cashed in for the Summer 2007 session, then you will not need to decline them to resit, not any more: and that is for all boards.

@ OP, your school is correct; you don't need to worry that the cash-in deadline has gone.

Latest