The Student Room Group

Do i put AS grades in if I've done A2s?

I'm re-applying for 2008 entry after failinf miserably the first time round.

I want to do English literature at uni

I got at AS:

English Lit: B
English Language: B
ICT:A
Media:A

but at A2 i got AAA.

So do i not mention the fact that i got Bs at AS? and not put any AS Grades down at all?

Or do I put all the AS grades, as well as A2 grades down too?

Or do i skip the AS English lang and English lit and put in the other 2?

Please help!!

vith
Reply 1
I had a UCAS day at college last week. Our head of sixth form said it really doesnt matter whether you do or not. Basically its down to you personally. I have just put them in both at A2 and AS just to show the administration tutors and make it clearer.
Reply 2
You only need to put down the full A Level, but you will need to put down all 6 of the modules you've taken.
Reply 3
but if i do, they'll know its not a "real" A, but a "half A" if you get what i mean. I'm torn between them knowing i cocked up at AS, and having them wonder "why hasn't he put in his AS grades???"
Reply 4
Juno
You only need to put down the full A Level, but you will need to put down all 6 of the modules you've taken.

do I HAVE to put all 6 modules in? i want to sort of omitt the fact i cocked up at AS:p:
Reply 5
vithuran
do I HAVE to put all 6 modules in? i want to sort of omitt the fact i cocked up at AS:p:

They'll think you're hiding something. They'll know roughly what you got at AS anyway, since you'll've put half your modules.
Reply 6
Juno
They'll think you're hiding something. They'll know roughly what you got at AS anyway, since you'll've put half your modules.

Ah, that's my point mate, i understand that if i am going to include modular grades i have to put all of them down.

But what if i just put English Literature: A

and not fill in ANY of the modules or anything?

Vith
Reply 7
i'm pretty sure ucas won't let you NOT put in modular information.
Reply 8
Pippaaa
i'm pretty sure ucas won't let you NOT put in modular information.

It does though, its not a compulsory thing. it lets me go past without including modular grades
Reply 9
I had a similar problem last year with one of my modules. I asked at my sixth form, they said it was fine to not include modular information. If you omit the AS modules, also omit the A Level modules. You can't predict what impact that will have on an admissions tutor, but if you'd rather not show AS performance I doubt they'd care too much :smile:

As for your first question, I don't think that there is a concrete rule about whether you put down AS levels AND A2 levels if you've done both. I guess as long as you've go the certificates to back up what you put down, it's up to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending