The Student Room Group

helpppp - anyone have knowledge of offers based on 4 a levels??

hi, well basically my application is being sent v soon to medicine, I am currently doing 4 A levels and will have predictions of AAAA

HOWEVER, i am thinking of dropping one if it gets too hard to keep up with (I will keep chemistry and biology though, obviously).

Seeing as unis will (hopefully) make offers based on 4 a levels, e.g. at imperial i've heard its AABC, if i drop one a level i will not meet their requirements SO does that mean i get rejected? or if i get AAA/AAB will they still consider me??

xxx
Reply 1
Imperial's requirements have gone up to AAA for people offering three A-levels, or AAAC if you're offering four, FYI.

I think it depends on the university, but from what I can see the vast majority do not discriminate between three or four A-levels, and you would probably get a three grade offer. So there isn't too much point doing four subjects for application purposes - only do it if you want to do them in their own right.
Reply 2
i remember last year most of my friends who applied for medicine were given it on the grounds of 3 As even though they were all predicted 4, and furthermore, my friend who received an offer from Oxford for medicine was given an offer of 3As as well.
Imperial though- i'm not sure about because for engineering they've been known to request 4 As so i suppose you should contact their admissions officer?

Latest

Trending

Trending