The Student Room Group

Explaining Re-applying...

Hey people! Right, here it is...
My mind changed more times than the weather last year and in the end my UCAS application was a waste of time because I ended up accepting an offer to go to Trinity College Dublin! The thing is, Irish unis aren't overly keen on student accommodation as MOST students get private accommodation/digs etc...there are halls, but not a lot of students get placed in them.
So, I've been looking for about 3 weeks for somewhere to live, all to no avail! I have about 2 days to find something and it's just not happening! I've started a new UCAS application and I i definitely know what I want to do now :p: !! So, basically, I have good grades etc...and can write a fairly good personal statement but how on earth can I justify the "gap year" without it sounding like I c**ked up my application last year?? I dont really want to write "I'm taking a year out because I couldn't find accommodation in Dublin, so I was left with no alternative but to reapply"!! How can I euphemise it or twist it....Wanted more experience?
Thanks!

Latest

Trending

Trending