The Student Room Group
Reply 1
annemarie925
Hey!

I'm (hopefully) going to be starting at UWE on Monday and was wondering what kind of things are taught via lectures, and what are taught through seminars...as I don't really have a clue what the difference is!

Also, is anyone else at UWE?

:smile:
x

it will differ from uni to uni to be honest...........

often, at georges, we'll have a lecture about a body part/injury/condition.............and then have a practical about it also, pus maybe a seminar which usually takes the form of a case study about the same thing....
Reply 2
Yes Jackie is right, generally a seminar will enable you to discuss in small groups (probably 10-15 but it varies) certain topics brought up in lectures or further reading...generally is in the form of a case study about a certain condition or may be a question and answer session on a particular disorder. It totally depends on what the module is. I like seminars as you can discuss things in small groups compared to being in a big lecture hall where it's quite intimidating asking loads of questions in front of tons of people!:redface:
Reply 3
SamJL
Yes Jackie is right, generally a seminar will enable you to discuss in small groups (probably 10-15 but it varies) certain topics brought up in lectures or further reading...generally is in the form of a case study about a certain condition or may be a question and answer session on a particular disorder. It totally depends on what the module is. I like seminars as you can discuss things in small groups compared to being in a big lecture hall where it's quite intimidating asking loads of questions in front of tons of people!:redface:

thats true! Nothing worse than askuing question and looking silly infront of the whole year lol much easier and less embarassing infront of about 10 people haha!

Latest