The Student Room Group

Universities Policies On Retake Students?

I was going to take a gap year (get a job basically) but decided to improve my A-Level grades. I'm going to increase my grades pretty reasonably and my GCSEs were pretty good plus Gifted & Talented etc.

I'll expect to get a higher offer than people who are doing their A-Levels in 2 years, but how much higher on average would you say or will I even get an offer?

I'll contact the Unis before applying but I'm just generally looking for an estimation. I'm not applying for the very top unis or medicine/dentistry, the courses I'm looking at are business related and the grades wanted are between BBC - BBB (in the prospectus), which I should achieve.

Oh and how can Unis tell if you have taken 3 years to complete your A-Levels?
Reply 1
Because they'll see on your certificates.

They have various policies, some state it in the prospectus, some have to be asked.
I am actually in a similar position, but i have already contacted all the Unis i am looking at. Some unis said that they would offer me one grade higher than the normal typical offer whereas some said it would not affect their selection.
But it depends on your type of course and UNI.:smile:
Reply 3
waqaschaudhry
I am actually in a similar position, but i have already contacted all the Unis i am looking at. Some unis said that they would offer me one grade higher than the normal typical offer whereas some said it would not affect their selection.
But it depends on your type of course and UNI.:smile:

What courses/unis were they then?

Latest

Trending

Trending