The Student Room Group

' Muslim woman' kidnapper claim is divisive

Since 9/11 and the war on terror, Muslims are being blamed for everything from global warming to rising house prices. I realy wasn't suprised to read that Madeleine McCann wasseen being dragged across a street by a ' Muslim woman who wore a headscarf'. I'd like to know how this woman was identified as a muslim, bearing in mind that it is not only Muslim women who wear headscarve. One need only walk in any church to see a statue of the Virgin Mary with her head covered in a scarf.

We must refrain from the demonising the vast majority of muslims who are lawabing and equally condemn the terror attacks. Have you ever read a reprt where a kidnapper or a paedophile was reffered as a Christian or a Catholic? A criminal is a criminal, regardless of faith, race or gender.
Reply 1
When have Muslims ever been blamed for global warming :confused:
Reply 2
Tomber
When have Muslims ever been blamed for global warming :confused:

I was wondering that. Or rising house prices for that matter?
Reply 3
Haha, yeah I was just gonna say; that too...
Reply 4
Man, chips come from a shop, they aren't supposed to be on your shoulders.
Daily mail...
Rukmedes
. Have you ever read a reprt where a kidnapper or a paedophile was reffered as a Christian or a Catholic? A criminal is a criminal, regardless of faith, race or gender.

irish catholic priests convicted of it - do i get a medal?

those muslims - honestly - i knew those halal meats were causing global warming - and them simply walking down the street must be whats putting the house prices up. - maye its them just getting up in the morning is whats causing me to age the way i am
Reply 7
The thread was mainly to discuss why people say Madeleine McCann's kidnapper is a muslim, without any information about it.
Reply 8
Rukmedes
We must refrain from the demonising the vast majority of muslims who are lawabing and equally condemn the terror attacks. Have you ever read a reprt where a kidnapper or a paedophile was reffered as a Christian or a Catholic? A criminal is a criminal, regardless of faith, race or gender.

I take it you've never heard of N. Ireland then? Or the IRA? Or the Ku Klux Klan? Or to counter your point very concisely... the Catholic sex abuse cases?

And honestly going back to it... house prices and global warming? 2 things Islam has never been blamed for in the mainstream media.

There is a point to what your saying BUT if your going to bring it up - make sure you actually know what your saying and dont go overboard with examples which are evidently completely wrong. To be honest, what you've just said is really no more valid than those kind of papers claims that it was a 'muslim woman'.

Latest

Trending

Trending