The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Agamemnon
I've applied for two courses at Leeds (see my signature) and I submitted my application Monday morning of the 17th of September, and I'm wondering when I can expect a response for those?

Thanks! :smile:

well, as you don't HAVE to apply till like January, I suspect you might be waiting a while.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
messynessie
well, as you don't HAVE to apply till like January, I suspect you might be waiting a while.

Yes, but most people submit their forms by the end of November, and many universities give out offers before the January deadline.

I hear people on TSR saying that they submitted their forms early and had all their offers by the end of October, so I'm wondering if this is likely with Leeds.

Does anyone know?
There's no hard and fast rule. It's done on an individual basis. Be patient!
Reply 4
guitarromantic
There's no hard and fast rule. It's done on an individual basis. Be patient!

I'll try! :smile:
Anytime between late October and early May.
Agamemnon
Yes, but most people submit their forms by the end of November, and many universities give out offers before the January deadline.

I hear people on TSR saying that they submitted their forms early and had all their offers by the end of October, so I'm wondering if this is likely with Leeds.

Does anyone know?

And leeds were the last to reply to my offers.
Reply 7
I applied to Leeds University last year, applied October received offer in February, i made 6 applications, first was received in January, so it is likely you will not receive one before Jan
Reply 8
stacey4415
I applied to Leeds University last year, applied October received offer in February, i made 6 applications, first was received in January, so it is likely you will not receive one before Jan

Hmm... It depends on the course, the university and the applicant of course, I just know that some people on the TSR and some of my friends got their offers well before January.
My boyfriend applied for International Relations/politics at Leeds last year and I think he heard back before Christmas sometime. Although his offer was unconditional so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Reply 10
One of my friends applied at the beginning of December and got an offer before Christmas...but I guess it'll depend on subject etc. Good luck! :smile:
Agamemnon
Hmm... It depends on the course, the university and the applicant of course, I just know that some people on the TSR and some of my friends got their offers well before January.

basically i think this means anytime before about summer 08. :smile:
I've just got an acknowledgement e-mail from the School of English at Leeds, which seemed to suggest that they'd send me a letter informing me of their decision within a few weeks! :eek:

(Q300 English - Application sent a week ago)
Hashshashin
I've just got an acknowledgement e-mail from the School of English at Leeds, which seemed to suggest that they'd send me a letter informing me of their decision within a few weeks! :eek:

(Q300 English - Application sent a week ago)

Snap. I was also quite surprised, and hope that they do respond quickly.
Reply 14
I applied about the same time and probably got my offer in October time. Leeds was one of the quicker ones from what I remember. How much has changed in the last 3 years though, I have no idea.
Helsinki
I applied about the same time and probably got my offer in October time. Leeds was one of the quicker ones from what I remember. How much has changed in the last 3 years though, I have no idea.

Was this for English?
Reply 16
History, but I doubt the policies of the two departments are drastically different.
Reply 17
I got my Law offer one week after applying which was damn speedy. Come on the next 4.....
Reply 18
My friend just got AAB offer for mech engineering last night! My other friend got BBB offer for some automotive engineering just now! Both from same school and international, the last friend sent UCAS like 2 days ago. Talk about alacrity.
Reply 19
I just got my acknowlegdement email from Leeds after applying two weeks ago, hopefully I'll hear from them soon!

Latest