The Student Room Group

References question

Okay, I'm sure most of you know my situation...

Anyway, I'm sending off my application this week, and the only reference I have as of yet is from my week at a small veterinary practice in Year 11.

Do you think it's worth me sending this one off along with my separate PS this week, and that I should state along with it that I shall send other references off at a later date (after I get more work exp. obv)?

I'm just wondering when they actually sit down and decide which applicants they're going to interview? Because if it's in October/early November for example then I don't stand a chance without having sent off any refs at all, if you get what you mean. One at least will give proof of me having done work exp (although quite a while ago...).

What do you think? Help appreciated! :smile:
^ He he. Another day, another thread. =P (kidding)

Probably best to send it with your personal statment or state somewhere that you will be sending references at a later date so they know that you are planning to send some.
Reply 2
Haha, true true :p:

Yeah, okay. Will it seem a little weird do you think to send just one with my PS and then the others at a later date? I can just say that the others haven't been sent back to me or something, right..?
Reply 3
i would sen doff that one with you PS, and tehn collect the others and bring them to give in at your interview.
Since you only will have the one you can put them all in a nice folder so they will look nice so the interviewers will want to read them :smile:
Reply 4
^ Thanks :smile:

Should I state that I will send them my other refs at a later date/bring them to the interview? (otherwise they may doubt I've done any work exp at all...). I'll try to by November.
Reply 5
Just state that you will send the extra refs at a later date. From what I can tell from talking to people at vet school and interviews etc, they will be able to tell if you have actually got experience from the questions they ask you, and what you have to say. I have spoken to people who didnt send any refs in and still got a place at vet school.
I shall be sending the refs I have with my extra ps, and the extras as I get them.
I'm pretty sure I read the extra ps had to be in by 3rd December so Id say you have a similar time frame for refs, though id guess the earlier you can get them in the better.
Reply 6
^ Oh, okay, that's what I shall do then.

Wow, by 3rd December? That's pretty good. Is it worth me leaving mine 'till later to be able to talk more about my work exp I wonder..?

Latest

Trending

Trending