The Student Room Group

my depressing situation - i feel so down

I am in a bit of a difficult situation at this moment and need your guidance and advice. I am indian but have lived in the England for the past 10 years so I am officially british and have completed my schooling here. However I didn't achieve the required grades to get into dentistry in UK university. Hence I joined pharmacy, however I have found the teaching at this pharmacy university is appaling and at the end of my 4 years, providing I make it, I will probably have blood pressure and a student debt rather than a degree. However I do love pharmacy and I feel I would make a good pharmacist. But if I dropped out here, I wouldn't even get into a different pharmacy school due to my low grades. These low grades were not my fault but the poor teaching at my college. I dont want to take my a levels (this is definetly the first option)

At this moment I have applied to a dental school in India. I have been given a place there. However I am scared at this moment about moving from england to india, it will be a big cultural change in my opinion and I am fearful. However I dont want to waste a year here studying pharmacy. I am wondering what advice you would give me in this current situation.

Also is it too late to get a aqa remark?
Reply 1
Can you not pay a short visit to India first to see how its like? If you don't feel comfortable you can make other decisions. Good Luck!!!
Reply 2
i already have, i went there for 3 weeks, it was roasting but then again going from a western country you are bound to feel it.
Problem is, AQA could mark it down :/
It depends where you want to practice...though a degree's a degree. Perhaps you can go about teaching yourself? I mainly did that last year when I was too ill to attend uni and I passed with a 2:1.
Reply 4
i dont think you can blame the school for your poor grades. if you wanted the grades and worked hard for them, and were clever enough, you could have got them.

& no-one ever said university teaching would be great either. You'll find your dentistry training to be a bit thin on the ground too.. if that's what you go in for.
Reply 5
in india theres good old blackboard learning rather than this emphasis on power point present within the UK. Believe me I worked hard and I had a lot of stress meaning I was ill a lot but I got on with it.

Latest

Trending

Trending