The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Im sure they'd like it! Im not going though, ive missed enough school as it is!
Reply 2
Never heard about this! Tell me more! :biggrin:
Reply 3
:O is there such thing?!

ive never heard about it!!!
well, there is a 4 day vet course on at Nottingham university, open for all y12 and 13 students who want to be vets. It costs £192 for the 4 days and 3 night accommodation, you get to see operations, go to lectures and just really be a uni student for a while. Plus there is a talk on how best to get in to vet school, and how to get in to foreign vet schools.
Details should have been sent to all colleges!
Reply 5
arent you just talking about vet med-link?
Reply 6
Future African game vet
well, there is a 4 day vet course on at Nottingham university, open for all y12 and 13 students who want to be vets. It costs £192 for the 4 days and 3 night accommodation, you get to see operations, go to lectures and just really be a uni student for a while. Plus there is a talk on how best to get in to vet school, and how to get in to foreign vet schools.
Details should have been sent to all colleges!

ive never heard about this! havent heard anything about it from my 6th form!
Reply 7
I'm intrigued...

Anyone got a link?
Annaconda
arent you just talking about vet med-link?

most probably:smile:

yes. I am. Sorry guys!
Reply 9
Well thing is I applied to vet unis, but I didn't use it on my application yet recieved an offer at every uni I applied to, and currently at the RVC (freshers is over thank god!)

In my honest opinion its a waste of money and doesn't really offer you any benefit, its all stuff you should get from your work experience placements.

But maybe I'm twisted after spending that much money to go on the course, it's not that you won't enjoy it and make loads of friends, its just that its not strictly nessicary.
http://www.workshop-uk.com/vet-medlink.php

i applied in july and i got a ocnfirmation email, but they said they would send me all the info at the begining of september and they havent!

and howcome medlonk get their own website!
^ Thanks for the link :smile:
Is the vet med link at Nottingham? It doesn't actually state on that site.
Reply 13
i did it funded by the aim higher fund at my school, so im not bitter and twisted about the price, but it's not all its cracked up to be...
the lectures were imformative, but if you do decent work ex, then you wont miss anything not going on this course... although its a good place to meet like minded people.

no surgery tho... and no live animals on the winter one... vet-sim you get to see live animals.
Heh, i'm going on this 4 day course too. Well, at least I hope too, i'm ringin them up tommorow to apply. They say they still have places :smile:
Really looking forward to it though. Shame I didnt mention on my personal statement, didnt know about it when I was writing it :frown:
Reply 15
dont worry, the courses dont help much with applications cos unis cant bias towards people who have done courses as it would be unfair on those who couldnt afford it etc, its mainly for you to increase your knowledge of the profession
I went to vetsim and it was well good!!! i havent been on vetmedlink, but from what ive been told its good too. However im in two minds on whether to put it on my ps. But i suppose it shows that you really understand what the career will be like, because a lot of the lectures (apart from the ones about horses legs and pregnancies :P) were about what its like as a vet and what the career involves. :rolleyes:
are you gonna go on vetmedlink this december.
i am :smile:
i got the info pack through today.
im a bit annoyed though cos it finishes at 3:00 and i wanted to go to olypia that evening so it would be a rush back to london then
Yay! Got my info pack today too about the vetmedlink!
Gettin' really excited, who else is doing the pathology and parasitology course as well as the core?
yeah i am!
where are you staying?

Latest

Trending

Trending