The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Banka
Is LSE in my range for Acc+Fin?

My profile is GCSE: 2A* 4A 2B's 1C (A*A* in Science, A in maths, B in Eng lang)

AS: Psychology Economics Biology Chemistry and i got ABBD .. i dropped chem

A2: Economics Biology Psychology

Predicted A2 grades - AAA :smile:

Im unable to find work experience as yet.

So would you say LSE is a little bit out of my range? My AS's are crap ..im not going to resit that D in chem i just hate Chem. I havnt got Maths either..but i do have AAA predictions..so what do you all think?

Has anybody been given an offer with a similar academic profile?

LSE is very competitive, so without Maths, i think you're at a disadvantage to start with. Your AS results are pretty good, having dropped Chem, and what with your predicted A2s, theres no reason why you shouldn't apply. No one can guarentee if you'll get in, as i said, its very competitive. But you have 5 options. You might as well apply, it doesn't matter if you dont get in.
Reply 2
I may as well be honest you have less than 1% chance, no maths and thats a big loss, also others will have better GCSE and AS Level, and even fi your personal statement is 10/10 it won't be enough.

Banka
Is LSE in my range for Acc+Fin?

My profile is GCSE: 2A* 4A 2B's 1C (A*A* in Science, A in maths, B in Eng lang)

AS: Psychology Economics Biology Chemistry and i got ABBD .. i dropped chem

A2: Economics Biology Psychology

Predicted A2 grades - AAA :smile:

Im unable to find work experience as yet.

So would you say LSE is a little bit out of my range? My AS's are crap ..im not going to resit that D in chem i just hate Chem. I havnt got Maths either..but i do have AAA predictions..so what do you all think?

Has anybody been given an offer with a similar academic profile?
Reply 3
Your GCSEs and lack of Maths will cause a problem
I know for Economics at LSE, you need around 6-7A*'s and A's at A-level to stand a chance, but for Acc+Fin i just assumed 2A*'s would be enough.. am i wrong?

Yeh I dont have Maths but it isnt really a requirement, so i cant see them selecting on that basis.

I would have thought my AS's would have been the main problem...especially my 4th AS..but people are mentioning my GCSE's!! hmmm

What do other people think??
Reply 5
On the basis you will have a D on your UCAS form for your Chemistry AS (Im assuming) and no Maths, I would say unlikely. Your GCSE's I wouldn't think would be the problem.

Quotes from site:

No specific subjects are required at A level, but candidates will normally have an A level in Mathematics (or equivalent).

Applications 2006: 2,072
First year students 2006: 136
Reply 6
Banka, you are right in the sense that LSE said maths are not required but as most candidates do, it's sort of become an unofficial requirement (to put in in words). Anyway, there are options you can take first year for thsoe who have not done math.

I would have said, give it a shot but your PS would have to be really strong and show a lot of enuthsiasm about the subject. what are yours extra cirricular's like? LSE quite like EC's alot.
emdo
Banka, you are right in the sense that LSE said maths are not required but as most candidates do, it's sort of become an unofficial requirement (to put in in words). Anyway, there are options you can take first year for thsoe who have not done math.

I would have said, give it a shot but your PS would have to be really strong and show a lot of enuthsiasm about the subject. what are yours extra cirricular's like? LSE quite like EC's alot.

My EC's are mainly playing team sports on a competitive level. I havnt got a lot of other activities apart from all sorts of work experience. So im in the mix as to whether its worth a shot
Reply 8
Sports/Work Experience good. I would have said maybe like a (non sport) club or musical instrument would have been a nice add to the mix. Have you had any awards? you can dress them up quite well
i wont bother answering your question. Ive decided not to apply for LSE as London would prove to far and too expensive for me, due to the fact i live in Yorkshire and I'm not that rich. The uni's im applying to are in my sig.

Latest