The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

London Met's open day last year.

Was absolutely awful.

There was nothing on.
The accomodation they showed us was a 15 minute bus journey.
The one room they showed was frankly disgusting with stains everywhere and the whole place just looked really, really grotty.
On the way back in the bus, some kids through a brick threw the back of the window.

There was just no organisation.

And that happened before i even knew how poor the Uni is and the awful opinions people have of it.

Anyone else go to this open day? Or was anyone involved with it?
no, but I went to the Kingston one two years ago, which was cack!
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
HAHAH :smile:
Sorry :frown:

Yap - Sounds like London Met to me!!! :smile:
Reply 3
The accommodation WAS a 15 minute bus journey? How on earth do you live in that?
Reply 4
I went to last years open day and the tutor for the course I'm interested in didn't turn up... I gave my email address to a lady who told me she would get them to contact me... I've emailed them several times but still no contact!

I'm hoping to be a mature student this sept 08 but seriously doubting whether I should apply to this one or should I just tag it on the end just in case I don't get accepted elsewhere? (better than no uni??!?!?)

I also kept asking for info about being a mature student and kept getting blank looks so they weren't too helpful on that score either.

The halls are in Greenwich which is not very useful as you would have to buy a travel card - I'd prefer to walk or cycle and don't mind an hour + walk to uni.

bugger... guess I better see if there are any other uni's doing the course I want - I've only seen two at the moment, Elephant & Castle and southwark but I was hoping to study somewhere north or central london (I've lived in South London now for 5 years and have started to hate the place!)
Camberwell would be a good place to go (I think?!) but I wold have to live in Peckham!!! nooooooo!
I know that pinning the uni on area is silly but I'm finding the area depressing which wont help with studies... but I guess it will depend who will accept me at their uni .

I've still yet to submit the UCAS forms as yet!
Reply 5
No uni is better than London Met.
EggCustard

bugger... guess I better see if there are any other uni's doing the course I want

I certainly would. It is a pretty awful Uni. Possibly the worst in the UK. If you are willing to put in all your effort, then you'll succeed anywhere. But, i expect you will have to work harder with your work and work harder at having a good time.
Look at the Uni league rankings and you'll see what i mean.
Reply 7
I've been doing more course searches so I will definately add other universities instead of the london met.
(it would have been and ideal area to study and live but I can't base my studies on that alone lol!)
Reply 8
Which accomodation was that? My accommadation is 45 minutes away on the tube , or an hour and a bit, depending on where i'm learning

Latest

Trending

Trending