The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hello. ive been on this before, asking lots of questions...but im IN...YAY!
im clare (i bet u'd never guessed) and im going to study economics. im gonna be living in self-catering...obviously dont know where yet...
:biggrin:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Hey! After all my panicing - I'm in! Okay, my name's Natalie, I WILL be studying English and I applied for catered accomodation, but yet to find out where... I'm so excited and relieved and anxious all at the same time - this is just such a crazy time!

Does neone know if we have to do anything else like phone up LEA's or banks? Or do I just sit back, with a cocktail in hand, and enjoy what's left of the summer?!

x Nat
Reply 3
lolita
Hey! After all my panicing - I'm in! Okay, my name's Natalie, I WILL be studying English and I applied for catered accomodation, but yet to find out where... I'm so excited and relieved and anxious all at the same time - this is just such a crazy time!

Does neone know if we have to do anything else like phone up LEA's or banks? Or do I just sit back, with a cocktail in hand, and enjoy what's left of the summer?!

x Nat

if exeter was your firm choice, you can sit back and relax on the LEA front.

if exeter wasnt your firm choice, you'll have to ring the LEA and tell them you've changed.

with the banks, if you've entered the account number that you'r now going to change to a student account...you can sit back and relax and then once you've got your confirmation letter strol into the bank (if your with natwest wait till your actually in exeter) and change the account.

if you havnt given them the account number that your gonig to change to your student account....ahhhhhh. ring up the lea, change the details and get your student account sorted (unless again your with natwest)

if your wondering what all the thing is with natwest, basically, i changed my account before i got to exeter...like they told me to. then i got to exeter and people who changed their acocunts in freshers week got all these goodies including alcohol......and i got nothing.

love Katy***
Reply 4
Woah... I've already applied for a natwest student account because I wanted the railcard. But when I filled in the loan form I didn't have that account (cos it was early June and I didn't have a clue about natwest's student incentives) and put my woolwhich account in. So do you mean that if I leave the woolwhich account as my student account UNTIL I get to Exeter I will get goodies - or is it already to late? :frown: Free goodies sounds good to me!

Oh P.S yes Exeter was my firm, ALL the others rejected me and I ended up with 5 A's and a C's..... their loss, I am a strong believer in fate, and got 'the vibe' from Exeter so everythings perfecto!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 5
lolita
Woah... I've already applied for a natwest student account because I wanted the railcard. But when I filled in the loan form I didn't have that account (cos it was early June and I didn't have a clue about natwest's student incentives) and put my woolwhich account in. So do you mean that if I leave the woolwhich account as my student account UNTIL I get to Exeter I will get goodies - or is it already to late? :frown: Free goodies sounds good to me!

Oh P.S yes Exeter was my firm, ALL the others rejected me and I ended up with 5 A's and a C's..... their loss, I am a strong believer in fate, and got 'the vibe' from Exeter so everythings perfecto!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhh shocking, you'll need to ring the LEA ...you can prob leave it until september (if your likely to remeber) and tell them your natwest account number...

you'r prob too late for the freebies as you already have your natwest student account.....

love Katy ***
Reply 6
i am also a strong believer in fate too...hence the reason i missed my A levels and ended up in a place i never knew existed! and have since had the time of my life and met the most incredible people in the world!

love Katy ***
Reply 7
ickle_katy
if exeter was your firm choice, you can sit back and relax on the LEA front.

if exeter wasnt your firm choice, you'll have to ring the LEA and tell them you've changed.

with the banks, if you've entered the account number that you'r now going to change to a student account...you can sit back and relax and then once you've got your confirmation letter strol into the bank (if your with natwest wait till your actually in exeter) and change the account.

if you havnt given them the account number that your gonig to change to your student account....ahhhhhh. ring up the lea, change the details and get your student account sorted (unless again your with natwest)

if your wondering what all the thing is with natwest, basically, i changed my account before i got to exeter...like they told me to. then i got to exeter and people who changed their acocunts in freshers week got all these goodies including alcohol......and i got nothing.

love Katy***

if i leave changing to natwest til freshers week, is it quick and easy to change the account number which the loan will be paid into? when are loans payed?
Reply 8
loans are paid 4th october into the bank account that you have registaried with your LEA.

if your going to set up a new account ie your student account you will need to do this in advance of arriving in exeter or you aint going to get your money on time.

if however, you are just converting a natwest current account to a student account, as long as your LEA has your current account number you can wait until you get to exeter to do the converting.

<if you want to take the benifits of opening a student account in freshesr week, it may be an idea to go open a natwest current account now, give that number to your LEA and then in freshers week convert it!! although this means you'll have to fill in 2 sets of forms instead of one. and i dont know whats the deal with the railcard because im not eligible for one :frown: >

love Katy ****
Reply 9
ickle_katy
so who are you all??

what you studying....and (when it arrives) where you living?

*im so excited for you*

love Katy ***

I got in :smile: Going to be studying Economics and Geography with European Study, and I'm going to be in self-catered accommodation.

When applying for a student account and it asks what branch I want to open my account at, should I put down Exeter? Or my current local branch?
Reply 10
sock
I got in :smile: Going to be studying Economics and Geography with European Study, and I'm going to be in self-catered accommodation.

When applying for a student account and it asks what branch I want to open my account at, should I put down Exeter? Or my current local branch?

tis up to you. mines in cardiff. but i dont think it makes any difference!

love Katy ***
Reply 11
I got in last year (gap year) - but hey I'm still going to be a fresher this year so : I'll be studying archaeology and living in Hope Hall :rolleyes: :smile:
Whee! I got in. I'll be doing Mphys Physics w. Astrophysics (I'm a fun guy, honest, believe me, go on...). Can't really say where I'll be staying but my first choice was Holland Hall.

Your "home" branch doesn't matter at all. I opened my LiveCash account 7 years ago at a school branch that's almost all the width of Devon away from where I live now. I left that school a couple years later and have been using my account in two towns since then. It's been upgraded twice and had all sorts of stuff done to it from these two branches and it's never caused a problem. The banks just use it to keep track of where accounts are being opened and, I guess, it's another level of security like "mothers maiden name".

Anyone gotten the welcome-pack thing yet with accomodation contracts and all that gubbins?

Ollie
Reply 13
hey

im laura and im gonna be doing psychology at exeter this year. just been offered a place in jessie montgomery house in duryard halls, just gotta fill out all the forms and that.

cant believe how soon uni starts, its in 5 weeks or something.
Reply 14
omg, just found out the t-shirts for this year are PINK!!!

i so want one....need to find a friend whos a voleteer, who wishes to donate t-shirt!!!

anyone got the freshers week event guide yet? stil have no idea whats going on when?

love Katy ***
lolita

Course: English with North American study
Will be living in: Jessie Montgomery House, Duryard Hall

I got rejected by 4 universities, but what the hell (they were pretty evil ones to get into).....and got 4A's!
Reply 16
Hey, just found out I'm in Pennslyvania Court, Lopes Hall. I think thats the new accomodation reffered to in the accomodation brochure. Collies, a brand spanking new, catered, en-suite room for little me! They're spoiling me!

x Nat
Reply 17
@ Katy. We have some T Shirts being done by Clobber in Pink....but they say unofficial mentor...do you want me to see if I can get another done??? Busting them out for Timepiece I think....

I am sssooo jealous....Oh to be starting again...Only one year to go and I am sssooo not ready to be graduating!! Roll on an MA!! :smile:
Reply 18
BigTim
@ Katy. We have some T Shirts being done by Clobber in Pink....but they say unofficial mentor...do you want me to see if I can get another done??? Busting them out for Timepiece I think....

I am sssooo jealous....Oh to be starting again...Only one year to go and I am sssooo not ready to be graduating!! Roll on an MA!! :smile:

that would be fabulous!! how much they costing you?

dont be jelous, you get the benifit of experiencing freshers week but without all those stupid compulsory "talks".....so we get to spend all day in the pub, and evening abusing freshers!!!

what more could you want.....well except a pink t-shirt!

love Katy ***
Reply 19
Hello Dudes
As the username suggests, my names Jasmine, I am studying international relations and staying in Hetherington House in Duryard Halls.
Cant actually wait to start, but im so nervous too!! :confused: :smile: :rolleyes:

Ooh im in such a tiz!! And my mums sudden fargile emotional state atteh thought of me leaving home is not helping!!! :confused:

Jaz

Latest

Trending

Trending