The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Send it to yourself at the Derwet College.

I believe things are still delivered to the porters lodge.

If it's a parcel they will keep it and you can go collect it from them.
University of York
York
Reply 2
does the same apply in halifax?
Reply 3
The same applies for all the colleges.
Reply 4
So I would send it to "Room *******, Derwent College, University of York, Heslington Campus, York, Y0105DD"

?
Redemption
So I would send it to "Room *******, Derwent College, University of York, Heslington Campus, York, Y0105DD"

?
You wouldn't need to include a room number no. Especially if you're sending it before you go as you wouldn't know which room you were in :smile:
Though does the same apply everywhere? I thought that some colleges had post delivered to your house/room (maybe some of the new accommodation). That certainly used to be the case, perhaps down in Halifax and either James or the new Alcuin stuff...maybe...:s-smilie:
Reply 6
Stick your full address on it, room number and everything. It will go to the Porters Lodge, and they will put your name up on a list so you can see you have something.
To collect it, you need ID to prove you are who you say you are.

Room number is useful a) just incase they do deliver to rooms, some places, like Eden's Court, I believe, where you live in smaller houses, they may well do, and b) once the porters recognise you, if you've forgotten ID, they may let you have the package if you can tell them your room number.
Reply 7
In colleges that have mailboxes (Alcuin, at least) mail goes into the post boxes but couriers, special delivery, things that need signing for, parcels still went to the porters' lodge
Reply 8
You can still mark stuff as c/o xxx Porters Lodge if you want it to go to the porters lodge regardless (say a letter with money in).

Latest

Trending

Trending