The Student Room Group

How to transfer?

A friend of mine started uni in Southampton and wants to transfer onto my course at Uni of Bedfordshire. I've told her to contact my course tutor to see if it'd be possible to transfer.

Is there anything else she should do? (The course she's on now is a BA Hons, and mine is a foundation degree). She has the same qualification as me, so entry requirements aren't a problem.

What should she do next? Thanks.
Reply 1
Hi there,

I think the best way to go about getting a transfer is to contact her personal tutor like you suggested. I know at the uni i'm at, that's what you have to do. If your friend's tutor can't initiate a transfer, they will be able to put her in contact with someone who can.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Hmm, well she should understand that Soton is far more reputable than Bedfordshire - and if she has to go through foundation, I would definatly not rush into it on hearsay (Im assuming you made it sound glorified :smile:?). Well, if she is sure she wants to, contacting tutor sould be fine.
Reply 3
^She could be at Solent. Anyway, she probably needs to contact the course tutor to enquire as to whether she can transfer.
Reply 4
ma2k5
Hmm, well she should understand that Soton is far more reputable than Bedfordshire - and if she has to go through foundation, I would definatly not rush into it on hearsay (Im assuming you made it sound glorified :smile:?). Well, if she is sure she wants to, contacting tutor sould be fine.
I told her how it is, I didn't glorify it, as in actual fact I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped anyway. But I do know that if we were both on the same course, we'd both be able to enjoy it together as we're both on the same level skills wise. (All our courses are mixed ability, and we're much more skilled than most).
i'm thinking of getting a transfer, although they arent taking any more on this year and id have to apply through ucas

Latest

Trending

Trending