The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Logistics of moving into Langwith

. . . I'm having kittens about just how I am going to get everything up to my room. Starting with . . . where do I park the car? I don't remember seeing a car park outside Langwith, but I (and I'm sure many people) have far too much stuff to park away from the college and carry it all in. Eeek!

And (although I doubt it) are there lifts inside the college? I really don't want to drop my laptop down the stairs.

And where do we go to get our keys . . .

Also, what time are we expected to arrive from? I've managed to pack the welcome letter thing.

Ooops, too many questions.
Reply 1
Doesn't it say on the letter that tells you what room you have what time you can move in from? If you've packed that I would recommend finding it (although i'm not sure we actually need it)

You'll probably have to pick up your key from Langwith college reception although that might not be the case (i got a map and some instructions of where to pick up my keys from but i'm in Vanbrugh so that's not much use for you)

And apparently you can hire trolleys, well pay a deposit and then use them to help move stuff from wherever your car is parked to your room

Hopefully someone can be more use!
University of York
York
Trolleys sound good . . .

I need to find that letter.
Reply 3
We can move in from 11, and we get the keys from Langwith reception :smile: I kind of got the impression from the letter that it was OK to have the car next to your accomodation while you were unpacking, as long as you're quick, but I' not totally sure about that.

Edit: Also, remember to take 2 passport photos with you when you collect your keys.
is it only two in total? I'm sure we need more . . .
Reply 5
Schmokie Dragon
is it only two in total? I'm sure we need more . . .

You need more for other things but only 2 are needed to pick up your keys :smile:
oh, sorry. That was me being thick. I've been up scanning photos all evening and my brain has shut down :p:
Reply 7
There are something like 5 parking spaces directly outside Langwith, but it's not too far one of the pay and displays, so you'll probably be insanely lucky to get one of the car parking spaces outside Langwith (if indeed it's open), and just lucky to get the ones in the Central P&D (which is free on weekends, don't worry)
Reply 8
laser
There are something like 5 parking spaces directly outside Langwith, but it's not too far one of the pay and displays, so you'll probably be insanely lucky to get one of the car parking spaces outside Langwith (if indeed it's open), and just lucky to get the ones in the Central P&D (which is free on weekends, don't worry)

That's very useful to know!!
*looks at MASSIVE pile of crates/boxes/tubs and really hopes they have trolleys*

Latest

Trending

Trending