The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham or UCL? Please help!!

Sup guys - I may be going Birmingham in September to do Economics. My firm choice was 'Economics & Stats' at UCL but I didn't make da grades. . I got AAB when I needed AAA but I missed da A grade by 4 marks! Harsh!! Howeva they are considerin to offer me a place for "Statistics, Computing, Operational Research and Economics" (SCORE). Da course apparently consists of quarter economics and about half stats. I'm not sure what I shud do - Birmingham or UCL? Which of these courses at these unis are best for career opportunities? Any advice? How is economics like in Birmingham? Any advantages/disadvantages? Please help! Also is there any chance that I would be able to switch courses if I went to UCL to just straight Economics - what is the likelyhood of dis? Would I be to make this switch in the first year or is it likely to be afterwards?
Reply 1
Oh well - it don;t matter no more. Looks like i'm coming Birmingham! I hope its good. lol :biggrin:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Well, let's just say that neither is the LSE.
Reply 3
Biggles

I'm sure it doesn't take an LSE education to realise that Birmingham and UCL indeed are not the LSE. You don't sell the place particularly well, do you?

Run along now, there's a good boy.
muncrun
I'm sure it doesn't take an LSE education to realise that Birmingham and UCL indeed are not the LSE. You don't sell the place particularly well, do you?

Run along now, there's a good boy.

oooooo a poddle with a fluffy tail.....

...runs away chasing the poddle...
Reply 5
Biggles
oooooo a poddle with a fluffy tail.....

...runs away chasing the poddle...

Poddle? I've heard of poodles; I've also heard of typos, but the same spelling mistake twice in a row screams of incompetence. Education cutbacks at the LSE, Biggles?
Reply 6
muncrun
Poddle? I've heard of poodles; I've also heard of typos, but the same spelling mistake twice in a row screams of incompetence. Education cutbacks at the LSE, Biggles?

Muncrun! you should know better! Biggles is going to LSE, so he obviously doesn’t speak English as his first language, hence the spelling mistakes. :wink:
muncrun

Shit. How can I cover-up or excuse just a blunder?

Mmmmm I'm a philosopher so perhaps something in these books will help....ahhh ha.

I believe that it was Marcus Aurelius who wrote, 'dont constantly correct people, and in particular do not jump on them whenever they make an error of usage or a grammatical mistake or mispronounce something'.

Oh you're such a naughty boy muncrun.

But I like you :wink:

(smacks muncan's bum and blinks at him)
Reply 8
London rules though!
Reply 9
Why don't you just shut up.

Would make my day, that's for certain. All I see are posts banging on about LSE, or whatever it's called this week. Personally, I don't see the obsession with it.

LSE = Lovely Shit Education, perhaps?

Tim.
Reply 10
Biggles

UCL rules :tongue:
Reply 11
n7studios
Why don't you just shut up.

Would make my day, that's for certain. All I see are posts banging on about LSE, or whatever it's called this week. Personally, I don't see the obsession with it.

LSE = Lovely Shit Education, perhaps?

Tim.

Evening Tim. How are things with you? Are you enjoying a Summer without the pressure of law? Also, how did the exams go? (I'm guessing you passed.)
Reply 12
aliel

Dam right!!! :biggrin:
aliel

lol

Latest

Trending

Trending