The Student Room Group

In Uni? Give a few details about your courses for my dissertation?!

hey all...

I'm doing a dissertation in Swansea University. It's all about computerising the module evaluation forms we have here in swansea.

For example when we finish a module in Uni the lecturer hands out a form asking for annonymous feedback on how well the module was taught and what improvemnets could be made. Ours include about 10 questions for example "Were the courseworks good for understanding the modules' aims?" we then score these questions out of 10. There is also a little section which allows us to write a paragraph on whatever we want.

I'm just doing research at the moment and I was wondering if any of you would do me a huge favour and fill in the following for me please, interested in the people who don't have forms like this as well. Are there any other ways your lecturers gain feedback from you?

Uni name:
Course name:
Do you have forms such as these:
If so, what do they include:
Are they annonymous:
When are they given out:
Any other details about them:

Thanks! :tsr2:

Also it would be incredibly useful to me if you could scan in one of your forms and post it up :smile: rep and all that...
Reply 1
Uni name: University of Southampton
Do you have forms such as these: Yes
If so, what do they include: Assesment of lecturers/lectures, tutorials, and specific topics covered (were they in depth enough etc) use of library and computer facilities
Are they annonymous: Yes
When are they given out: At the end of term after exams
Any other details about them: People usually can't be bothered to fill them in
Why are you doing your dissertation on that?!?! :s-smilie:

Uni name: KCL
Course name: English Language & Literature
If so, what do they include: There's one form for evaluating the lecturer, and another for evaluating the content of the module
When are they given out: End of term..?
Any other details about them:
Reply 3
Uni name: University of Central Lancashire
Course name: TV Production
If so, what do they include:Scale-Type evaluations of the modules, teaching methods, lecturers, facilities and resources. There's a box at the end for our additional positive comments, and another for our negative ones.
Are they annonymous: We're asked to put our names on - so that people can get back to us on what we've put on the forms; but they can be handed in anonymously.
When are they given out: At the end of each module.
Any other details about them:We have to fill them in at the end of the final class in a module, so that they can be sure to get them all back for a full response.

Here's a template for our form at UCLan:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/quality/meq/proforma.doc
Reply 4
Cheers... that's wicked.

Any more?
Reply 5
Uni name: Essex
Course name: English Literature
Do you have forms such as these: Yeap
If so, what do they include: Whether there was too little/too much assesment, what we would like to less of/more of, was the teaching good, what would you change about the course...
When are they given out: Beginning of Summer Term (end of teching)
Any other details about them: They are annonymously handed into the office, but then they are given back to the teacher so they can read over the comments.
Reply 6
Uni name: University of Chichester
Course name: History
Do you have forms such as these: yup
If so, what do they include: We get asked to give a rating of one to four, one being strongly disagreed, four being strongly agree on the following areas:

- module aims and outcomes
- module content and assessment
- teaching and learning opportunities
- learning resources
- student commitment to the module
- overview comments

When are they given out: the last teaching day of each module
Any other details about them: The feedback from every year goes into the module handbooks. Plus all feedback from all modules is published every year which is available to anyone who wants it
Reply 7
Uni name: Sussex University
Course name: Maths with Economics
If so, what do they include: Questions on the teaching, amount of work, module content.
When are they given out: Last week of term
Any other details about them: They were in paper form last year but are now online on the intranet site. I have not seen the new forms yet.
Uni name: Liverpool Uni
Course name: Mathematics
If so, what do they include: Multiple choice questions about the module and lecturer
When are they given out: Week 9/10 of a 12 week term
Any other details about them: The lecturer gives them out then leaves the room, they are put in a sealed envelope and taken to the office by a student
Reply 9
cheers everyone.... much appreciated!

Latest

Trending

Trending