The Student Room Group

is that mean Yes or NO

hi guys..im currently doing applied art and design,maths and biology...i would like to apply for bristol university..( accounting and finance)..the one thing worry me is on the ucas web site(bristol)..they said they dont accept subject like art and photography. However on the bristol offical web site...the only excluded subjects are General Studies and Critical Thinking
i was a bit confused so i send a email to the admission team..about whether applied art and desgin is accepted...and they replied

Thank you for your email. Mathematics (or Pure Mathematics) is our only subject pre-requisite. General Studies and Critical Thinking are excluded in making any offer, because we do not consider those subjects to provide sufficient evidence of depth of ability. We also exclude language qualifications where the applicant is a native speaker of the qualification offered and that qualification is of the language as a second language (eg. we would not accept A-level Chinese as a second language from a Chinese national). Beyond that, the best advice that I can give you is to study those subjects which you most enjoy, since those are likely to be the ones in which you will achieve the best grades. Having said that, in choosing between applicants who meet the entrance requirements, we will also look for evidence of a strong ability to communicate effectively - so a subject combination including at least one language or humanities subject will be advantageous. We typically make offers on the basis of three full A-levels (ie. we do NOT accept AS levels). I hope this information is useful to you.

SO is a Yes?or NO...
thanks guy
Reply 1
Looks like they'd accept it.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Looks like a standard letter from the dept in answer to any enquiry re suitable subjects. So don't read it as a reply to your specific subjects. From that response it looks like yes, no reason not to apply but as you can't offer their ideal of an arts subject then your PS should stress your communication skills (ditto reference). I'd go for it if your grade predictions are right.
Reply 3
If you will just read it.. you will see that it says there is no problem with having Art. They excluse general studies and critical thinking, and prefer more traditional subjects yet any that you enjoy are welcomed.
Reply 4
nasirt
hi guys..im currently doing applied art and design,maths and biology

nasirt

Mathematics (or Pure Mathematics) is our only subject pre-requisite

Reply 5
thank you guys

Latest

Trending

Trending