The Student Room Group

Asking for predictions to be upped and studying intensively with A2 out of college???

due to various reasons that I won't explain here because they are irrelevant, this year I am doing two intensive subjects and two AS, so by June I will end up with two full A levels and two AS. One of my extra AS subjects is Sociology, and I am just wondering whether it is possible to sit an A2 as a private candidate without having achieved the AS yet?

so could I enter myself for A2 Sociology exams in June, even though I will be taking the AS in June (apart from one module I am taking in Jan)??

because I think I'd rather get three A levels than have two AS subjects.

alsoooooo, I can't decide what I am doing at university. It's either going to be Politics or English, but I am only getting predicted a B in both of those at A level. I am prepared to work as hard as I need to get an A, so is it common/acceptable for me to contact my teachers and ask them to predict me an A if I can prove to them I can do it by the time I have to send my application?? I don't want to be cheeky, but I REALLY want to get into a good uni so I at least need a predicted A in the subject I choose to do at uni.

thankssssssssssssss!!

Latest