The Student Room Group

UKCAT section 5 - results not being given to medical schools

Just got this email from Pearson Vue?:

Dear (me)

When recently taking your UKCAT exam, as you may have been aware, components of the UKCAT Subtest 5 Non-Cognitive Analysis test were trialled within your specific test.

Following further analysis of the test results for that section, we have determined that there is no additional feedback required for your Subtest 5 Non-Cognitive Analysis test.

We confirm that this quality control process does not in any way affect your numerical scores, either in respect of the other subtests or the results of other candidates.

The trial is now complete. The results for Subtest 5 will not be made available to universities for selection this year for any UKCAT candidates.

We hope you will find this information useful and wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Yours Truly,
Pearson VUE - UKCAT Customer Services

So the whole point of that extra half hour was ...?
what a joke- they could have at least told you at the start..
Reply 2
Probably a good way for Pearson to selll psychometric data for some study on medical studs? (after all taking the test meant we paid for the preveilage of giving them the data on their database....

All it did was tell me im a confident outgoing person who is caring and wants to balance concerns of.....blah. Tbh if you havent been a total social outcast you dont need the UKCAT to tell you that you're a well balanced person...
Reply 3
i didnt think they were going to give it much consideration even if it was sent to uni's
Reply 4
I'm glad about this - mine sounded the complete opposite of me anyway! I haven't had that email yet though...

Edit: OK I've got it now, and they've also included a completely different personality report that is actually the opposite of what I originally had. How did they get it so wrong the first time?!!
Reply 5
im annoyed. why did they put us in freaky positions then?! would u steal a bank to save ur wife who has cancer? wut the hell?! i think they owe us an appology.
Its not like that test was useful anyways....what it said about me was good, but didnt sound anything like me :p: (in my opinion anyways..)
Reply 7
xemmajanex
I'm glad about this - mine sounded the complete opposite of me anyway! I haven't had that email yet though...

Edit: OK I've got it now, and they've also included a completely different personality report that is actually the opposite of what I originally had. How did they get it so wrong the first time?!!

Exactly what happend to mine. I'm pretty sure it is because on the actual test I marked the rathing thing completely wrong! Oh well it isn't being used anyway :rolleyes:
Reply 8
Damn, the non-cognitive did a good analysis of me and I'm pretty disappointed they aren't going to use it..

Latest

Trending

Trending