The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Depends on the store's policy and how they do their recruitment (internally, centrally, etc.). It also depends on if they are actually advertising different jobs, or if it's a general call from the company, looking for people locally to grace any nearby store.

I'd say it's probably best to apply for both if you're interested in both, but there isn't really enough information to go on.
Reply 2
I think I've answered my own question but it is for an online application where both jobs are advertised. I wasn't sure if recruitment was done by individual stores or centrally, that's why I asked, but i guess it differs store to store.

Another thing i was wondering was, say you were after a job at a particular place, but they had no vacancies, if you forwarded your CV, would they automatically consult it for any vacancy that came up in the future, ie you wouldn't have to apply online?
Reply 3
I would always suggest applying for a vacancy when it comes up if you want that job. However, if you submit a CV to promote yourself when there are no jobs going, you may well be contacted beforehand if they are considering something. It's always a possibility, which could work for you, and works in the employer's favour too (it's cheaper, quicker, you were already an interested party, etc.).

But definitely apply for jobs that are advertised, even if you did send a general CV in the past.
Reply 4
Cheers. Fingers crossed then ;-)

Latest

Trending

Trending