The Student Room Group

GCSE Twenty First Century Science Specification A (2017 EXAMS)

Hi!
I've noticed that in previous years, people were creating such threads to help each other, share resources, predictions etc so I thought it would be good to do the same thing this year.
It applies to Twenty First Century Sciences (Chemistry Biology and Physics) in 2017.
Original post by adam.00
Hi!
I've noticed that in previous years, people were creating such threads to help each other, share resources, predictions etc so I thought it would be good to do the same thing this year.
It applies to Twenty First Century Sciences (Chemistry Biology and Physics) in 2017.

Do you need help with anything?
Reply 2
Not really, I'm just worried that as it is the last exam in this specification, OCR may surprise us with some stuff that has never come up..
what a stupid spec, honestly. it's pretty dopey, as would be expected from OCR.
Original post by adam.00
Hi!

Thanks! @Fox Corner will put it in the GCSE exam thread directory.
Reply 5
Any predictions for Biology Tomorrow?
Reply 6
Original post by adam.00
Any predictions for Biology Tomorrow?

Hiyas! Well, personally, i have no idea what's actually going to come up,because this is the last year, so OCR is either gonna pull a few new questions to, or theyre just going to use similar style topics/questions to previous papers. Butttt, i think that genetic testing, herd immunity, cystic fibrosis/huntingtons, interdependence and food chains, nitrogen cycle, phagocytosis and immune system, heart disease...will come up, although can't say for sureee! so soweeeeeee. xxx
Reply 7
Knowing OCR, they'll probably come up with something that has never come up in the past.. I know they've never put any 6 markers on the Carbon Cycle... hmm
Reply 8
Original post by adam.00
knowing ocr, they'll probably come up with something that has never come up in the past.. I know they've never put any 6 markers on the carbon cycle... Hmm

all tha i can conclude is that ocr hates kids! I dont wanna do these examssssss.....crying and puting so much rn, gawd, im such a baby! Someone slap me.

Butttttt, i dont like carbon cycle! Deos this mean i need to be really really really sure abot tht now?
Reply 9
Original post by zkhan54
all tha i can conclude is that ocr hates kids! I dont wanna do these examssssss.....crying and puting so much rn, gawd, im such a baby! Someone slap me.

Butttttt, i dont like carbon cycle! Deos this mean i need to be really really really sure abot tht now?

Well, Im just saying that apparently the exam boards have to cover the specification throughout the time that it "exists" and as we're the final year, they might surprise us with some weird stuff
Reply 10
Original post by adam.00
well, im just saying that apparently the exam boards have to cover the specification throughout the time that it "exists" and as we're the final year, they might surprise us with some weird stuff

omg, thats so true, never thought of it like that! Wellllll, how you feeling for tomorrow then?
Reply 11
Original post by zkhan54
omg, thats so true, never thought of it like that! Wellllll, how you feeling for tomorrow then?

11. understand that Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection was the result of many observations and creative thought and why it is a better scientific explanation than Lamarck’s (e.g. fits with advances in understanding of genetics, no evidence or mechanism for inheritance of acquired characteristics).

they might want to cover this point of B3 spec... I've never seen it before
Reply 12
Original post by adam.00
11. Understand that darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection was the result of many observations and creative thought and why it is a better scientific explanation than lamarck’s (e.g. Fits with advances in understanding of genetics, no evidence or mechanism for inheritance of acquired characteristics).

They might want to cover this point of b3 spec... I've never seen it before

what? So...natural selection vs selctive breeding?
Orrrrr....
Lamarck vs darwin?
Reply 13
Original post by zkhan54
what? So...natural selection vs selctive breeding?
Orrrrr....
Lamarck vs darwin?

I hate OCR. They'll probably come up with something completely different just to trick us.
Reply 14
Original post by adam.00
i hate ocr. They'll probably come up with something completely different just to trick us.

lolll, hahaha, so true, tbh im convinced that examiners hate me and kids in general, i have a superrr weird imagination btw, so ignore me.
Buttt, yes they are evil in my eyes, and so thye probanly will trick meeee, and the rest of the country doing gcses!

Quick Reply

Latest