The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
In Leeds city centre there are a few places, not sure about Headingley-in Leeds, it's opposite the Light, called Da Marios, it's an aborable little place and monday through friday i'm sure they do buy one get one free on all their pasta and pizza dishes, it's a family run business but it's lovely, very affordable too. Just make sure when you get your receipt, tell them you don't want to give them a tip (if you don't want to) cause they will add it on anyway
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Spice Quarter in the city centre!! Omg soooo lush! It's a buffet but it's not like the buffets you hear about that have cold and crap food that have been sitting there for too long etc. It's as though it's just been recently made for you! I think it was like £5/6 and it's all you can eat. Theres salad, indian, chinese, thai food and even dessert all included in the price.

I'm definately going back :smile:
Leeds city centre - next to the market - No1 Oriental.

All you can eat chinese buffet.

very tasty :smile:
Reply 4
Pamplemousse22
Can anyone suggest a nice restaurant in the Leeds / Headingley area where a student couple on a budget could eat out?

Ok I haven't lived in Leeds for 2 and a half years now, but when I lived there, our favourite were Trio and Citrus (both on North Lane I think, near the Taps)

The Taps is a hangover gift but definately not a "nice restaurant" - just hearty pub food.

There is one on the left just past the turning for St Anns Road on the left as you're going through Headingley away from the city centre ... I think it's called Salvos or something maybe ... any that is *excellent*.
La Cafetiere near Hyde Park Pub is pretty nice. Kind of Mediterranean food and it's nice in the evening when they light the candles, really nice inside. Small and cosy. Reasonable prices. Can get a bit busy though.
Reply 6
*Snigger at the title*

The hard rock cafe is nice, I guess.
Avo
*Snigger at the title*

The hard rock cafe is nice, I guess.

it's shut down mate
Reply 8
PinkMobilePhone
it's shut down mate

sigh :frown:
Reply 9
maxi's in the light, all you can eat buffet, chinese/thai for £5.90
liamcicada
maxi's in the light, all you can eat buffet, chinese/thai for £5.90

Tried that once but wasn't impressed. WokMania near the train staion (ish) is ok, but No1 Oriental near the market is my fave :smile:
All the Chinese buffet places mentioned here are pretty gash but they're all about a fiver so you get what you pay for.

Caliente Cafe in Headingley serves beautiful homemade Mexican stuff. Definitely worth a visit if only for their nachos.
LS6 on Hyde Park Corner is really nice. Delicious food and really cool place. Its not exactly student prices, but definitely not obscene...Maybe like £20 for two people including a drink.
There's a reaaally nice gourmet burger bar called The Oracle.
It's quite expensive (for a burger), and the food is really good.
Anyway, the point is that on mondays, it's half price! (If you have an NUS card it's half price mon-fri, 3pm-6pm) :biggrin:
It's pretty cool there, for example, in the female loo's there's a cubicle with TWO toilets inside. Maybe not that practical, but funny to look at.

Locationwise, it's next to the waterfall spa in leeds. I think there's a map on their website.
Soundsfamiliar

It's pretty cool there, for example, in the female loo's there's a cubicle with TWO toilets inside. Maybe not that practical, but funny to look at.

Sounds really handy if there's a mother and young child that both need to go at the same time.

Latest