The Student Room Group

English and Classical Studies

Hey!!! I've just been doing some last minute research before I send my application off and was rather disturbed to see where Newcastle came in the league tables for these subjects! In the Guardian's tables it received only 2/10as the teaching score which shocked me! Now I am worried about applying here and was wondering what people think of swapping Newcastle for Exeter/Bristol (I am already going to apply for one of the two but undecided as yet). Also, anyone who studies at any of those unis as well as Nottingham and Leeds - how do you find them? Thank you!!!!!!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Don't trust league tables :smile:

(not wholly, anyway :wink: )

As for Exeter, I can help you with that. Classics was GREAT and while when I was there we had to do the lit but we weren't "allowed" to do the theory owing to timetabling difficulties (*******s to that, with only 8 hours a week how many difficulties can there be?), I believe you're now allowed to choose one, the other, or a combination of both if you're on joint hons. I'd recommend taking at least one module of culture and criticism (the theory bit) as it's more helpful to Classics than the lit side (unless you want to study the Odyssey twice :p: ).

Latest

Trending

Trending