The Student Room Group

Kings

Does anyone know any information on how strict they are if your have not done Maths at A2 or AS.

On their website they say they want Maths to at least AS but then below that there is additional information about interviews. It says that 'Only applicants who do not study the preferred combination of A levels or may be from a non-traditional educational background may be called for interview.'

I'm really not sure whether I should rely on this information and apply or whether it would be a waste of an offer. I did call them up and they said that it was a preferred subject. Reading that on their website made me have second thoughts about my chances.

What do you think?
Reply 1
they are quite strict, they want maths and therefore many people who have maths to A2 or As apply there. I not really sure now, when you say that though as i remember that when i went to the open day, that they wanted maths to at least AS, a close friend of mine is no longer applyng there because of what they said. Talk to the university, they should tell you what they really need.
Reply 2
i applied for pharmacy at kings (last october). i hadnt taken ALEVEL or AS level math, instead had chemistry, biology and sociology alevels. but i decided to apply anyways. funnily enough they gave me a conditional offer without an interview. they gave those people with maths an offer of BBB, bt said i'd have to get ABB- the A being in chemistry.

so you should apply for it. good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 3
thanks for your help!

so do you now go to kings? whats it like there?

xx
Reply 4
hi guys, im thinking of apply to kings and aston for Mpharm. i am predicted BBB (chem/bio/maths) and there req is ABB, do i still have a chance?

thanks
Reply 5
in their prospectus they state that they want ABB-BBBb. if you have a grade B in an additional AS then you should be fine. i'm not too sure about aston though.

Latest

Trending

Trending