The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If it was sent recently (within 14 days) then you can contact UCAS and they can send it back to you I believe.
The top universities won't be interested anyway.
Reply 3
ta
Reply 4
Just phone them up, they wont send it back to you but will add it for you.
UCAS won't sort it for you. Well, not directly anyway. :s-smilie: I made the same mistake with regards to one of my subjects, and they said all they can do (within the 14-day period) is make alterations to your university choices, not to your educational information.

They ended up giving me an email address for some UCAS admin person, and said I could email this person, requesting for my subject information to be updated, and they told me I'd also have to email all the universities to let them know. The thing is.. they can amend it on your form, but they will have already sent it to the universities you've chosen - which is probably why it's necessary for you to inform the universities yourself: they might not even notice the amendment otherwise...
I don't do general studies. Nobody does at our school. Why do people do it anyway when most unis dont regard it as anything? why why why oh why? I dont think anyone in N.I does it?
Reply 7
Look on the uni websites/prospectuses, if they explictly won't accept general studies then its not even worth the phone bill
Reply 8
Wangers
Look on the uni websites/prospectuses, if they explictly won't accept general studies then its not even worth the phone bill

Not strictly true - when you send off your application you agree that it's accurate and complete. Missing off a qualification is enough grounds for UCAS to reject your application entirely if they feel like it.
Reply 9
Oh Sorry - OP Hope you phone them - I forgot it was a legal obligation as well as a moral one.
Reply 10
It would cause problems on results day if you didn't notify UCAS, and you might have to wait a while to find out if you've been accepted