The Student Room Group

I don't know

Firstly, I've declined all four of my AS grades. Do I need to put them down on my UCAS application? I heard if you're declining you shouldn't put that subject on.

Secondly, there are four chemistry options: Chemistry, Chemistry (Nuffield), Chemistry A, Chemistry B (Salters) and I don't know which one I'm on. I'm studying Salters chemistry, but the statement of results says simply "chemistry" and according to the OCR website (through which Salters works) it says Chemistry B (Salters) has it's first teaching in 2008. Does anyone know what I should put?
Just put "chemistry", it really doesn't matter at all.

As for declining grades, I don't think you should put them on.
If you're declining, you should put down the subject titles, but leave the grades as pending.
Reply 3
Great, thanks. But what do I put as the overall grade for AS? Pending too?
Reply 4
Yep, pending should do it :smile:
^ Yup. As you've declined your grades you can't put down the overall grade.

I've heard some people with un-cashed grades have entered their module grades but I'm not sure about this. In any case, module grades are optional.
choose one of the salters options btw when putting your chem down.... it's a special breed of chemistry.... not that it matters particularly but it'd be a pity to ensure salters and not have anyone know about it.....
Reply 7
okay, thanks for the advice. :smile: My last question is this: OCR don't certify AS maths as a qualification, they only recognise it after you've completed A2. do I still put this down in my as level qualifications?
Where did you hear that? From OCR? It's news to me, that's all. :smile:

May be worth checking the OCR website / phoning UCAS.
what?? i certified my AS maths.... :confused: i don't think that can be right. i mean what would happen if you didn't want to do A2, you would end up with no qualification....
That's what I was thinking...

Sounds like a myth to me. Surely half the point of AS is that you're not compelled to take it for two years at the risk of not getting any qualifications if you did give it up.

Latest

Trending

Trending