The Student Room Group

Predictions versus AS levels -Uni Choices

Hey everyone,

I'm really confuzzled. I did really badly in my As exams i got: Economics-D Maths-C Chemistry-C Physics-E Critical Thinking-B but i've always been a good student. I got 7 A* and 4 As at GCSE.

Ive been predicted: Economics-A Maths-A and Chemistry-B. My careers advisor wants me to apply to Oxford Brookes, Reading and Surrey. But my other teachers think i can do alot better what should i do???? Any suggestions for where i should apply? I would love to go to Durham or Bristol do you think that's too ambitious?

You know i love you...
I would say go for it!
your gcses wipe the floor with mine and I'm applying for Bristol (tho I know my chances are slim). If you're predicted AAB then you should go for universities who want this and which you want to go for. I believe it is predictions which are most important. Anyone agree?
Reply 2
I got 7 A*s and 4 As for GCSE too :smile:

Well your AS grades aren't the best... but if you think you can achieve those exact predicted grades (prob. with re-sits though) then certainly be as ambitious as you like. Make sure you apply for unis with lower offers such as CCC as well though, just in case.

Good luck.
Reply 3
Apply for a few higher ones, but perhaps aim at one that wants lower grades just in case. And check the wiki for details on UCAS Extra and Clearing, as you may want to use those later

Latest