The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE

Hey guys, just a quick question.. At GCSE i did pretty well only i got a C in Maths.. My AS- levels were ABBBC and i am prdeicted ABB/AAB FOR A2 level.. This in theory should allow me to apply to pretty good uni's but i am being restricted by my Maths GCse as some uni's say minimum grade B.. Is it worth still applying to some uni's that want B GCSE maths???
Reply 1
You'd be better off asking the unis.
Reply 2
Well, first of all you should ask the unis yea.. second of all, I guess its always okay to risk it with 1 of your five choices, you never know. Annd thirdly, if you have a better grade at AS maths then its not a problem at all, but i'm guessing you didnt take maths?
Reply 3
as long as you get your predicted grade at A level they won't pay much attention to your gcse grades, i hope. good luck in the future i'm sure you will succed in whatever you do.
Reply 4
Some universities are very strict on there GCSE requirements if you have not taken the subject at a more advanced lvl. I know Nottingham wont let you do FAM without a B in Maths regardless of how good your A lvls were. Where as Loughborough if your A lvls involve Maths to a degree may still take you however your tutors of those subjects your speaking of must write in support of your application.
Reply 5
If you looked properly you would see this poster has already applied to university now!!

Latest

Trending

Trending