The Student Room Group

UKCAT messup

My girlfriend took the UKCAT and messed up on the quantative reasoning part. She thought it was like the SATs and believed she would get penalized if she got something wrong She ended up getting 340 on that part and that brought her average down to 620 (she got 860 in abstract reasoning). Should she mention this mistake in her ps? She already pointed out in her PS that her final IB grades were not what she or her teachers expected (reinforced in her letter of recommendation). She got 34 while she was expecting to get 36 - 38. Now that she's finalizing her application she's really wondering what to do - whether she should mention it or not? Any input?
I'd not mention anything negative on a PS, neither would I try to excuse anything.
Thats your referee's job.
Reply 2
Don't put it in PS. That's not what it's for, and in any case - the admissions tutors will probably just turn around and say that she should have done her research into UKCAT better, eg no negative marking.

She got a good average even with the low QR score so it won't really matter; without it her average would be 700+ i guess, so well done to her.
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice. She decided not to include it in her ps.
Reply 4
She must have done well in every other section, so she shouldn't fret too much :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending