yes of course.
okay let me re phrase it .....where are their numbers the highest
Reply 3
How long is a piece of string?

It'd be pretty hard to figure that out.
Reply 4
WoWZa
They can be successful in anything.
Yeah, and there's a lot of careers where women really are not. Most high-profile client meetings I go to with senior/important people, more often than not there is not a single woman in the room. Any jobs that, to be successful, require you (a) to be assertive/confident on the point of aggressive, and (b) impossible to do optimally if you're raising kids / have to take lengthy time off to have a baby or three, very few women you see in them. Which is why about 5% of senior investment bankers are women, about 10% of FTSE 100 CEOs etc. Not that many dynamic entrepreneurs like Martha Lane-Fox either.
Reply 5
in homebase.... :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Fashion industry?
Reply 7
T_Bag
Fashion industry?

Isn't that one dominated by (gay) males?

And to the OP; women can be successful in any career, so what does it matter which one MORE women are successful in?

:smile:
Reply 8
Primary school teaching?

As long as she has the brains and personality... whatever
in the house (just joking)

nursing has a lot of women....
mayavara
Yeah, and there's a lot of careers where women really are not. Most high-profile client meetings I go to with senior/important people, more often than not there is not a single woman in the room. Any jobs that, to be successful, require you (a) to be assertive/confident on the point of aggressive, and (b) impossible to do optimally if you're raising kids / have to take lengthy time off to have a baby or three, very few women you see in them. Which is why about 5% of senior investment bankers are women, about 10% of FTSE 100 CEOs etc. Not that many dynamic entrepreneurs like Martha Lane-Fox either.

On the flip side, I went to a board meeting for new marketing strategies for our company and there were 6 women and 1 single man. There are plenty of women in hgih profile jobs. I imagine it's hard to quantify for statistics.
Reply 11
mayavara

There are plenty of confident women. Also that point about having children's a bit off-topic; any problems there are because they're raising kids, not because they're female. :p:
The bedroom :/ Just kidding.

I would say the medical and legal profession.
Fashion: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/10/15/100537267/

There are some v. successful women working in this industry :wink:
tesh^^
The bedroom :/ Just kidding.

Lmao :p:
Reply 15
Did anyone else read the thread title and instantly think, "In the kitchen?"
mayavara
Did anyone else read the thread title and instantly think, "In the kitchen?"

:rolleyes:
The public sector tends to be better in terms of being open to flexible working patterns. My new line manager and counter-signing manager have young families and have working patterns that reflect it. My old counter-signing manager (a bloke) took 1 day off every fortnight for childcare by working compressed hours.

As a result, women tend to make it fairly high up in the public sector. However, there still seems to be a bit of a glass ceiling at the very top.

Latest

Trending

Trending