The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

How do you think Brunel could be improved?

What extra things would you add to campus? Another nightclub? More entertainment facilities such as an IMAX cinema and bowling alley? Large investments in the teaching standards?

Do you think Brunel is currently maximising its property for our benefit? Or arre they trying to do things on the cheap?

I would like to see a wider selection of nightlife. Nightclubs are not necessarily my thing, but still, The Academy is hardly something to be proud of. An extra club or two open until around 4am (including a trance club i.e. Gatecrasher @ Brunel!) and more themed bars/cafes.

I have always thought that MODERN universities should invest heavily in subsidised franchises such as 'Brunel Bowling' or 'Brunel @ The Flicks', meaning that students do not need to ever travel off of campus for their entertainment or food.
Reply 1
Improve prontos food as it is ****e, knock down Mill Hall and build it again, get locks in the kitchen in Mill Hall, increase the size of the kitchens in Mill Hall and thats probably about it.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
andy_1989
Improve prontos food as it is ****e, knock down Mill Hall and build it again, get locks in the kitchen in Mill Hall, increase the size of the kitchens in Mill Hall and thats probably about it.

Does your ground floor kitchen not have a lock then? Ours does, and it annoys me. I wish we could just walk in ad nauseum.

I agree with Prontos' food. I am not going to buy much else from there. Starting tomorrow I am going to be working hard in the gym to burn off the excess junk food I have accumulated thus far. :redface: Only water (and the odd Stella) and Ryvita Crispbread for me until Xmas! :biggrin:
Hmm. How to improve Brunel...not sure on that.

I'm not hating it here, but I'm not loving it either. But I just go along and get on with it.

I suppose I'd have to agree with both of you Andys; more leisure facilities and bigger kitchens in Mill Hall would be nice.
Reply 4
get rid of mill hall its disgusting im ashamed to live here lol joking :wink:
prontos food is disgustin the burgers are always cold and the kebab is not much of a kebab a bigger shop they should just build a tescos or adas on the campus and students who live on campus should be able to get a parking permit
Reply 5
Andy Pipkin
Does your ground floor kitchen not have a lock then? Ours does, and it annoys me. I wish we could just walk in ad nauseum.

I agree with Prontos' food. I am not going to buy much else from there. Starting tomorrow I am going to be working hard in the gym to burn off the excess junk food I have accumulated thus far. :redface: Only water (and the odd Stella) and Ryvita Crispbread for me until Xmas! :biggrin:

No locks, alot of peoples food has been eaten and stuff has been moved around. Personally I haven't had any of my stuff taken/moved but probably will soon.
Well, it has to be someone from your floor who is doing the stealing. Nobody else can get into your floor, without a swipe card. Believe me, I've tried. :wink:
Reply 7
me and Rish tried getting onto your floor but of course our cards didn't work lol we wanted to play a prank on you, had so many idea, too bad it never happened!
andy_1989
me and Rish tried getting onto your floor but of course our cards didn't work lol we wanted to play a prank on you, had so many idea, too bad it never happened!

OMG, that would have been hilarious. Or spooky. :biggrin: When was that, first week?

If you ever did manage something like that, please please don't leave a breadknife in my door. I wouldn't find it funny! That happened to someone for real last year, and it has spooked me out just thinking of it! :eek:
*cackles evilly*
Reply 10
Andy Pipkin
OMG, that would have been hilarious. Or spooky. :biggrin: When was that, first week?

If you ever did manage something like that, please please don't leave a breadknife in my door. I wouldn't find it funny! That happened to someone for real last year, and it has spooked me out just thinking of it! :eek:

Lol this was only last week, thursday I think. We had so many ideas, kinda lame some, like balancing a mop on your door then knocking so that when you open it falls on you :redface:
And the mop idea would have been brilliant if I had opened my door all the way... I shall have to invest in some guard dogs. :wink:

Ah, that must have been the night that he sent me a suspicious mssg on facebook saying nothing apart from "waddup bitch". :biggrin: When I replied asking WTF, he said it wasn't him and that it was one of his mates messin round. lol, he must think I'm stupid. :p: (p.s. wasn't you, was it? :wink:)

Does he use TSR? Maybe he is Magnum? :tsr2:

Do you know if rish has a ringtone on his phone? I might ring him at 4.30am one morning to wake him up, then hang up as soon as he answers. :biggrin:
Another way Brunel could be improved is by building a bridge over the road onto campus. That way we wouldn't have to keep avoiding maniac drivers and risk being ran over everytime we come back to halls.

This could be acheved relatively cheap and it would keep the traffic moving.
I'd like a tram service to get us to the other side of the campus!

It's a looooong walk...:frown:
Citizen Zero
I'd like a tram service to get us to the other side of the campus!

It's a looooong walk...:frown:

Or a monorail. :biggrin:
Heheheh, anything that can get us across without us putting effort in would be appreciated!
Whereabouts do you study which building?

I have all my lectures in the lecture centre. But I thought the biggest lecture theatre was only capable fo holding 100 ppl. Law has about 200 you said. :confused:
I have most of my lectures in the Howell Building, which has a bigger lecture theatre.

Then, for one lecture we go to Lecture Theatre D. It's a bit more cramped in there, but we still fit. Probably cos quite a few people skip lectures anyway.
Reply 18
Andy Pipkin
And the mop idea would have been brilliant if I had opened my door all the way... I shall have to invest in some guard dogs. :wink:

Ah, that must have been the night that he sent me a suspicious mssg on facebook saying nothing apart from "waddup bitch". :biggrin: When I replied asking WTF, he said it wasn't him and that it was one of his mates messin round. lol, he must think I'm stupid. :p: (p.s. wasn't you, was it? :wink:)

Does he use TSR? Maybe he is Magnum? :tsr2:

Do you know if rish has a ringtone on his phone? I might ring him at 4.30am one morning to wake him up, then hang up as soon as he answers. :biggrin:

Lol it wasn't me, I didn't even know about that. Yeah Rish does have a ringtone, its a tune by The Game so that should wake him up nicely :smile: He doesn't use TSR btw.

Latest

Trending

Trending