Reply 2
dans
TSR = The Student Room

Sorry I didn't do physics.

Thanks Dan, that clears it.
Reply 3
anyone??
Reply 4
My exam technique for every subject is, to do loads and loads and loads of past papers. I don't bother reading my textbook. I just do past papers!

It's worked for me all through my life, A*'s and A's.
Maybe try starting your revision now?
Revise all of the way along :smile:
And try to get the concepts. Just think about them, when youre waisting your time on TSR etc, so you understand them better
Reply 7
Physics to get an A/B do tonnes of past papers, the style of the Questions are completely if not slightly different to the style of the Qs in the textbooks. If your unsure about any theory then ask you teacher to explain to you, and revise as well but

past paper > revision

btw what board are you doing?
Hmm....

How about WORK HARD!!??

What a stuid question!:rolleyes:

What do you want people to say other than work hard!?:eek:
Hey,
I actually do very few past papers coz they're not fun (I have a very short attention span....I can't do them properly)
I make brainstorms and pairs games (card thingy), and stick post-its and do diagrams on pretty coloured paper. I copy out notes (from specification with details from textbook/my work) onto pretty paper, then summarise, onto bullet points and then onto smaller cards and then a few days later expand the notes from memory from the smaller card adding the details in again - then going over this bits I miss out - and repeating. But I don't obsess over it - revision has to be fun :smile:
Reply 10
Usually I wouldn't do past papers, but for Physics i find it essential. It might just be my exam board (CCEA) but the mark schemes on the longer questions are *so* specific you just have to learn exactly what the mark schemes are looking for, then apply that to the paper. Form my own experience, if you grasp the concept but don't hit the exact points they are looking for you get totally screwed over with marks.

The other thing I would say it learn the formulae, even if they are provided... it's just good to have them in your head ready to use. Also, if you know them all well then it helps in getting the concepts because you begin to understand 'why' the formulae are that way.
I only did physics to AS level, but the best way to deal with this is doing lots of past papers...not once...a few times, just until it sinks in :p:
other than that its probably up to how well you can learn it from your lessons, and your own notes/books...
Reply 12
make notes constantly through the course, this will help when understanding idea's (even if you don't get it when your writing it, it'll help you later) Make notes from what your teacher says, but also go through your course textbook and make notes. After each lesson go over what you've just done (although i never do this due to being dead lazy)

when it gets to one/two months before the exam re-write all your notes, making sure you thoroughly understand everything you're writing down. Only once you think you understand everything well enough, try a past paper. Get this marked or do it yourself with a mark scheme. Look at where you went wrong and revise it. Then as pretty much everyone has said, go over as many past papers as you can, ideally all of them. On the last few you try you might wanna time yourself.

similar to maths, you really have to put in the hours if you want the best grade your capable of.
I can't speak for Physics, but i had a major problem with history but managed to improve a lot by:

doing ridiculous amounts of past papers

making notes, then more notes which got more simple each time

asking teachers every single question i wanted to know, even if tiny and arguably worthless

going over my notes all the time, r ecording my notes onto my phone,transferring to laptop then to ipod and listening whilst at the gym, bus stop, on the bus etc-TRUST me it so works! You'll get in the exam and know everything off by heart!!
Reply 14
wow stacey, that is a really good idea..I so need an ipod! :biggrin:
M.A.H..Im doing EdexCel Salters.
Thanks to everyon for the advice...I do work ahrd but it just doesnt seem good enough. I want to do better, which was why I asked..and I am glad I did.

Thanks again all.
Maybe ask a teacher as well, my extremely wise teacher gave me lots of advice such as varying revision, using some a4 sheets,some index cards-which, are amazing ha! You can put little notes on them for whilst on the bus or something as they're so easy to throw in your bag.

Also with some of my revision cards i used to, well it doesnt apply to physics but for history say, on one side of the card i would write a typical essay question etc etc, then on the back write basic bullet points and test myself!!

Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 16
stacey4415

Also with some of my revision cards i used to, well it doesnt apply to physics but for history say, on one side of the card i would write a typical essay question etc etc, then on the back write basic bullet points and test myself!!Good luck!! :smile:

i AM SO GOING TO TRY THAT.
Thanks so much!
Lol i actually sound ridiculously obsessed with revision, i'm not-honestly!! I just found History terribly hard, got Ds and Es at first so had to put in lots of work!!
Anyway good luck and let us know if the work pays off :smile:
Reply 18
stacey4415
Lol i actually sound ridiculously obsessed with revision, i'm not-honestly!! I just found History terribly hard, got Ds and Es at first so had to put in lots of work!!
Anyway good luck and let us know if the work pays off :smile:

Just a query...how long have you been doing this type of revison with crads and ipod? And, its since then that you have gone from D's and E's to A and Bs..am I right?
Well in my first year of college i was basically the type that did as little work as possible, by fluke, i got an A in English, full marks god knows how, and then E in History and D in Law, then in my second year i begun the ipod revision and cards, so i did it for a year and yes it brought my History grade up from E to A, :smile: and Law, i think from C to A:smile:

Latest