The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

NTU accomodation application form???

i just confirmed a place at NTU but im having problems with the forms they sent me. Is it just me or does the application form for accomodation just not include enough content. :confused:
I was asked for my room of preference in terms of standard, en suit etc, and to list the sort of accomodation in order of preference, ie halls, prvt sector, lodging etc. But at no point did it ask to state a specific hall of residence that i wanted or state the campus at which i study. am i to expect more forms through the door soon?
im really confused
can any1 !!!PLEASE!!! help????
thnx spider xx :rolleyes:
spideronline786
i just confirmed a place at NTU but im having problems with the forms they sent me. Is it just me or does the application form for accomodation just not include enough content. :confused:
I was asked for my room of preference in terms of standard, en suit etc, and to list the sort of accomodation in order of preference, ie halls, prvt sector, lodging etc. But at no point did it ask to state a specific hall of residence that i wanted or state the campus at which i study. am i to expect more forms through the door soon?
im really confused

Hey i got my form through and found that. Basically its a lottery which halls your going to end up living in!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Greendaygirl
Hey i got my form through and found that. Basically its a lottery which halls your going to end up living in!

do they not consider which campus ur studying at? i really am seriously worried , cus if i end up getting a hall 4 miles away in the centre from the clifton campus, then i might scrap that and look for pvt accom in the surrounding area of clifton.

btw wat course are u goin 2 b doin and at which campus?
spideronline786
do they not consider which campus ur studying at? i really am seriously worried , cus if i end up getting a hall 4 miles away in the centre from the clifton campus, then i might scrap that and look for pvt accom in the surrounding area of clifton.

btw wat course are u goin 2 b doin and at which campus?

Hey! Im doing quantity surveying and commercial management at the city campus. The whole accomaodation thing is really strange.I got my form on friday and sent it off on the day.I will be really annoyed if i have to find private accomodation especially being a fresher this year.
Greendaygirl
The whole accomaodation thing is really strange.I got my form on friday and sent it off on the day.I will be really annoyed if i have to find private accomodation especially being a fresher this year.

i got my form saturday and sent it yesterday, hope thats doesnt make too much of a difference. :frown: I rang up the accomodation office at clifton 2day and they said that they asked for the course you study on the form, from that they figure out what campus you are at and which halls are most convienient, they said that the allocation is random as a place is not guarenteed ( and thats y they can get away with it, basically ). Its not the end of the world if ur 5 - 10 mins away or if the room isnt exactly what u want i suppose, either way its a good reason to out and about. :tongue:

neway best of luck and i hope this helped (even tho it was me askin for it initially)

spider ( aka Faisal @ clifton incase i ever bump into u :smile: )
spideronline786
im really confused

hello:smile: im goin to ntu in sept:smile: doing fine art so got my grades ages n ages ago about 2/3 months ago i found the application form really wierd to, i applied about 2 months ago for halls accomodation but got a letter saying there was no space left...i dunno how they worked this out though as a lot of people are appliing for halls now after reciveing there a-level results but i confirmed my place n applied n everythin but still had no luck gettin in halls... i guess they musnt av liked the sound ov my name:s-smilie: its a pain in the arse coz im from middlesbrough n had to go down n find sumwhere to live...n its a bit of a buga wen uve neva even been to notts b4 n dont know which r the best areas to live n stuff:s-smilie: but neways ive found sumwhere to live now n its great:smile: i think ntu are really disorganised b/c if they say to u there's no places left ur gunna have to find sumwhere n im pretty positive all the decent places will be taken now :s-smilie: tb let me know if they give u a place in the halls coz i fink they where just lien to me:s-smilie: lol debbs x
Reply 6
wher ave u applied to now then spunky monkey? i thought i wouldnt get the accom i wanted so applied to a private one called goldsmith court in da city campus n i got a room but its quite pricey. i fink theyve stil got more rooms if ne1s worried bout accom. it only opened last year n da rooms cost £73 en suite
spunky monkey
hello:smile: im goin to ntu in sept:smile: doing fine art so got my grades ages n ages ago about 2/3 months ago i found the application form really wierd to, i applied about 2 months ago for halls accomodation but got a letter saying there was no space left...i dunno how they worked this out though as a lot of people are appliing for halls now after reciveing there a-level results but i confirmed my place n applied n everythin but still had no luck gettin in halls... i guess they musnt av liked the sound ov my name:s-smilie: its a pain in the arse coz im from middlesbrough n had to go down n find sumwhere to live...n its a bit of a buga wen uve neva even been to notts b4 n dont know which r the best areas to live n stuff:s-smilie: but neways ive found sumwhere to live now n its great:smile: i think ntu are really disorganised b/c if they say to u there's no places left ur gunna have to find sumwhere n im pretty positive all the decent places will be taken now :s-smilie: tb let me know if they give u a place in the halls coz i fink they where just lien to me:s-smilie: lol debbs x

hi debbs, thats worried me a lil now but watever happens im sure it will all b ok. id like to know what campus ur at doing fine arts, i tried to look it up and couldnt find nething, im on the clifton site, and how long after u sent back the form did u get a reply?

spider x
allo:smile: erm...its all a bit of a blur now all the forms ive filled in n all the fuss its taken..i sent what accomodation i wanted n i think about 2 weeks later they told me they had none avaliable this made me quiet mad coz they shud have informed me straight away so i wud know to get out there n look:s-smilie: i'll be at the city campus:smile: well i hope ya do find sumwhere, its a real mystery why i wasnt offerd a place in halls...after appliing so early:s-smilie: maybe they will have space for u though if youre going to be based at the clifton site:smile: r u excited:smile:? its 3 weeks and 1 day till i move there im couting:biggrin: wb
azn gal
wher ave u applied to now then spunky monkey? i thought i wouldnt get the accom i wanted so applied to a private one called goldsmith court in da city campus n i got a room but its quite pricey. i fink theyve stil got more rooms if ne1s worried bout accom. it only opened last year n da rooms cost £73 en suite

hello:smile: will this be your 1st year? what are u studeing? weve found a house now after seeing lots of orrible places:s-smilie: but our house is gorge in the meadows area...not sure what that areas like dnt think its a very studenty place but house is 2 gud to pass up:smile: need sum advice on what what the madows is like if ne1 wants to give me some:smile: debbs
azn gal

hello:smile: will this be your 1st year? what are u studeing? weve found a house now after seeing lots of orrible places:s-smilie: but our house is gorge in the meadows area...not sure what that areas like dnt think its a very studenty place but house is 2 gud to pass up:smile: need sum advice on what what the madows is like if ne1 wants to give me some:smile: debbs
woooooooooo

just rang up Nottm Trent Uni to check whether i have been given accomodation there. I filled in the form friday and just wanted to know whether i have actualy got acoomodation cos I didnt wanna leave it too late cos im on holiday for 2 weeks on monday!

i got accomodation at Peverel, en suite yeaaaaaaaahhhhh
serious narb
woooooooooo

just rang up Nottm Trent Uni to check whether i have been given accomodation there. I filled in the form friday and just wanted to know whether i have actualy got acoomodation cos I didnt wanna leave it too late cos im on holiday for 2 weeks on monday!

i got accomodation at Peverel, en suite yeaaaaaaaahhhhh

OH MAN!!! i sooooo appreciate that msg, i followed ur example and rang up clifton accomodation, AND IM IN PEVRELL!! whooo hooo!!, Ne1 that is worriend abt their accom, id go onto the NTU accomodation contact page :

NTU Accomodation contact page

and ring up the number to find out weather u have a place, no matter what campus ur based at, its such a relief to find out if u have a place or not rather than have to wait. If u have got a place in halls, Congradulations!

If not dont panic, id say go down and look around, if ur at clifton ive heard that The meadows is a good place and ive been told to stay away from a place called St. Annes.

u cud also try this site:

Private student accomodation at nottingham

Hope that helped, leme kno if it did guys.

spider.
spideronline786
OH MAN!!! i sooooo appreciate that msg, i followed ur example and rang up clifton accomodation, AND IM IN PEVRELL!! whooo hooo!!, Ne1 that is worriend abt their accom, id go onto the NTU accomodation contact page :

NTU Accomodation contact page

and ring up the number to find out weather u have a place, no matter what campus ur based at, its such a relief to find out if u have a place or not rather than have to wait. If u have got a place in halls, Congradulations!

If not dont panic, id say go down and look around, if ur at clifton ive heard that The meadows is a good place and ive been told to stay away from a place called St. Annes.

u cud also try this site:

Private student accomodation at nottingham

Hope that helped, leme kno if it did guys.

spider.

I got Gill Street accomdation! my letter came through today :smile:
Greendaygirl
I got Gill Street accomdation! my letter came through today :smile:

hey condradualations!! its a big realief aint it??!

so what campus u at and wat course u doin? :smile: