The Student Room Group

OCR Biology B1 B2 B3 16th May 2017 ANSWERS

Hey, anyone just done the b123 exam and remember their answers? I got a few dodgy ones here and there so it'd be great if anyone could remember what they put for like the calculation questions and multiple choice ones and stuff.

Scroll to see replies

Just did it 6 markers were alright but not the stupid random 2 or 3 mark questions everywhere
Reply 2
What did everyone say for the ocean pH question?
Original post by DD2508
What did everyone say for the ocean pH question?

I said pH could rise due to acidic gases such as sulfur dioxide, which comes from coal buring power stations, which release greenhouse gases, which cause the greenhouse effect and therefore global warming. Why I didn't just talk about CO2 I will never know.
Reply 4
can anyone remember what the calculation answers were??
I wrote water vapour is a greenhouse gas so more water vapour means increased greenhouse effect. This means more water to react with sulfur and nitrogen dioxide to produce acid rain. This decreases pH of the water.

Probably horrifically wrong, but it seemed logical in the exam.

Original post by matthewparker34
I said pH could rise due to acidic gases such as sulfur dioxide, which comes from coal buring power stations, which release greenhouse gases, which cause the greenhouse effect and therefore global warming. Why I didn't just talk about CO2 I will never know.
Original post by danielwinstanley
I wrote water vapour is a greenhouse gas so more water vapour means increased greenhouse effect. This means more water to react with sulfur and nitrogen dioxide to produce acid rain. This decreases pH of the water.

Probably horrifically wrong, but it seemed logical in the exam.

I see your logic and could still be a correct answer tbh
Reply 7
How do u think u did overall im confused
Original post by matthewparker34
I see your logic and could still be a correct answer tbh

It was the only link I could find between greenhouse effect and pH
Reply 9
I'm gonna be honest... this exam was horrible, other than the 6 markers, the questions killed me and i ran out of time for the last question. I am predicted an A* and honestly I don't think I will be able to get that grade unless the grade boundaries are low. The thing is I have done all the past papers and always got A* above 90% but for this paper I really think that wasn't the case. ;(
for that pH question, i wrote about how if the pH had increased in a graph, it would show co2 increasing and climste chsnge is caused by an increase in co2 and vice versa
Timing was an issue - I didn't have much time left, if any - didn't have any time to check.

Original post by Mepanda
I'm gonna be honest... this exam was horrible, other than the 6 markers, the questions killed me and i ran out of time for the last question. I am predicted an A* and honestly I don't think I will be able to get that grade unless the grade boundaries are low. The thing is I have done all the past papers and always got A* above 90% but for this paper I really think that wasn't the case. ;(
For the food chain calculation percentage I think I put 0.2%, for the Caucasians I put I think 12% and for the Hispanics I got 20% so 400 people.
Reply 13
I didn't see that the energy efficiency calculation question was to one significant figure:bawling:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by DD2508
I didn't see that the energy efficiency calculation question was to one significant figure:bawling:

well i lost another mark -.-
WHAT WAS THAT PAPER?!
B2 was non existent basically all maths, 6 markers were good but where were the questions for white blood cells, vaccinations?
Reply 16
Original post by tanisha04
WHAT WAS THAT PAPER?!
B2 was non existent basically all maths, 6 markers were good but where were the questions for white blood cells, vaccinations?

Agreed
Other than the 6 markers, the paper was just a load of bs
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by tanisha04
WHAT WAS THAT PAPER?!

Don't worry i kinda messed up all the maths questions. If that is the case the grade boundaries might be low, hopefully!
I really liked the test....although all the questions about ethnicities and heart disease were a mess and a half
Spends hours revising the nitrogen cycle and carbon cycle- gets a 6 marker about the concentration of rogers piss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending