The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Point taken and now relieved.
Reply 21
Its one of the first impressions they will have of you and you should know how important first impressions are
Reply 22
lol mine was themagicline@...

i made it in year 5 when i didnt know about the drugs connotations. Of course i changed it... hehe
miiiiil
lol mine was themagicline@...

i made it in year 5 when i didnt know about the drugs connotations. Of course i changed it... hehe

lol, what did you think it meant when you picked it?

I wounder what admin tutors would have thought about that.. :wink:
I put down a pretty stupid one on all my forms and stuff (starlight and dragonfire... I got it when I was 14 and can't be bothered to change it). My mum was worried it'd affect my application. I don't think it hurt, everyone gave me an offer.

Reminds me of my Grampy, saying of my UCAS application "Well, at least she's got nice handwriting...".
I have a few weird ones, but everytime I created a new one trying to be serious, I couldn't. I used my school e-mail: do you have one of those?
Reply 26
BornUnderPunches
I have a few weird ones, but everytime I created a new one trying to be serious, I couldn't. I used my school e-mail: do you have one of those?

davidcameronisahottie @notmail.co.uk :wink:
Dr Brenda Cross from ucl medical school actually pointed out about email addresses and told us to be sensible.

so for me... [email protected] :smile:
Laevis
davidcameronisahottie @notmail.co.uk :wink:

:eek:

Now, why didn't I think of that..?
What a ripping idea!

Also: Why have you changed your name to Laevis? This one is unpronouncable! :p:
Reply 29
BornUnderPunches
:eek:

Now, why didn't I think of that..?
What a ripping idea!

Also: Why have you changed your name to Laevis? This one is unpronouncable! :p:

Well spotted, dear :p:

I thought i'd go for a more 'Roman' feel, bring out the gladiator in me :ridinghor :fight: :blushing:
Reply 30
hmmm I don't think mine is too bad "iammatt" atleast they will know that...welll...I am Matt.

:smile:
I'm sure nobody would discriminate against me - tom [at] tommorris [dot] org :smile:

That said, if you have a Gmail account and a forwarding account, you can set it up so you can correspond from multiple accounts. (Obviously, if you are using a desktop client, that's easy.)
Reply 32
coolguy456
hmmm I don't think mine is too bad "iammatt" atleast they will know that...welll...I am Matt.

:smile:

Hehe, good point. Perhaps you should specify who you aren't too? e.g. "iammattandnotlaevis" :p:
Reply 33
tommorris
I'm sure nobody would discriminate against me - tom [at] tommorris [dot] org :smile:

That said, if you have a Gmail account and a forwarding account, you can set it up so you can correspond from multiple accounts. (Obviously, if you are using a desktop client, that's easy.)

Unless they decide to visit tommorris.org, but then again I doubt they would actually bother to do that!
Reply 34
I put down my hotmail address. Not changin an email I've had for nearly 5 years for some doss **** sat at a computer in UCAS.
my friend had bin_laden_is_in_merthyr

(merthyr being my home town)

Nothing went wrong with his app :P
Reply 36
Laevis
Hehe, good point. Perhaps you should specify who you aren't too? e.g. "iammattandnotlaevis" :p:

Yeah possibly, although, most people read 'iammatt' as one word and so in essence it is completely pointless :rolleyes:
Reply 37
coolguy456
Yeah possibly, although, most people read 'iammatt' as one word and so in essence it is completely pointless :rolleyes:

Eh? :confused:

Anyway, i'm sure your email address wont be a problem.
lol, i made a new one which is just my initials. But I doubt they will really look at your email ad anyway. If so, your teacher probably would have told you to provide a different one!
<(+_+)>
Well I'm sure the vetty people at Notts will like your email address. =P

LOL, that's was I was thinking! :p:

Oh geez, I should've used my old one which sounds better :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending