The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I wonder if anyone would use something like...

"I_really_really_want_an_offer_from_the_LSE_pretty_pretty_please@ blahblah.com"

:p:
Or:

accept_me_or_die@...

:p:
Reply 42
Heh. :p:
Or...

im_the_best_applicant_and_dont_you_know_it@...

Okay, getting carried away here :p:

I'm screwed with mine though :s-smilie:
city_chic
Or...

im_the_best_applicant_and_dont_you_know_it@...

Okay, getting carried away here :p:

I'm screwed with mine though :s-smilie:

what was yours like? is it too late to change?

imsmarterthananyoftheotherlooserapplicantssogivemeaplaceyouoldcoot@...
stolenstars
what was yours like? is it too late to change?

imsmarterthananyoftheotherlooserapplicantssogivemeaplaceyouoldcoot@...

Yeah, prob. too late to change it now. It's not the worst I guess, certainly better than something like 'rapperslapperkiss@hotmail... but it doesn't exactly scream intellect lol...
Reply 47
Airel
I have a fun childish one for msn messenger and email and things like myspace. Anything official, I'd go with your name like the other guys.

Ditto. I have about 6 email addresses for cocking around, most of which I don't use, but I'm signed up to different things on different email addresses and I can't be bothered to consolidate all my accounts onto one. Then there's myname for the important stuff.
Harriellie
i have bad latin in mine..
'qui.amor' i didn't realise when i made it that it didn't make sense...
however, i'm applying to languages so it might be a bit of a problem. ahem.

and in spanish, it would be qué amor (what i was trying to say)
so
they might just think i'm crap at spanish...?

Well I spelt a breed of dog in mine wrong :s-smilie:
Reply 49
I thought you could change it even after you sent off your application? On the UCAS site your personal details are the one thing you can change :s-smilie:

I did have a silly one but managed to change it in time for uni stuff. My name is stupidly common so I had to try every variation under the sun before finally getting [email protected]... I just hope they won't read the two dashes as one and send a super important email to the wrong address or anything...
Reply 50
kirstinx
Its one of the first impressions they will have of you and you should know how important first impressions are

Yup. 'First impressions' are prejudice.
Reply 51
Jim-ie
I put down my hotmail address. Not changin an email I've had for nearly 5 years for some doss **** sat at a computer in UCAS.

Hmm...Great minds think alike.
arpeggio
I thought you could change it even after you sent off your application? On the UCAS site your personal details are the one thing you can change :s-smilie:

Really? Is it worth me changing it now? :s-smilie: Hmm.
I know someone who got into Oxford last year with the email bum_loving69@....

i dont think unis look at it tbh
bradburyj
I know someone who got into Oxford last year with the email bum_loving69@....

i dont think unis look at it tbh

Okay... seriously?!
1) why would they care what your email is

2) the email is just there for ucas to get in touch to say u have an offer or rejection etc on track

3) they rnt going to judge your character on your email, thats what the PS, reference and interviews are for.

obv i dont recommend you all have sexual email addresses lol but im jus giving an example. i do agree that its not much effort to set up a new sensible email account tho and this is probably the best thing to do just to be on the safe side.
I changed my main email address to [email protected] because i kept needing to put it in important places, like job applications, YE stuff, Buying a phone etc, and it's nicer to have a formal email address. You hit a point around 16/17 years old when you realise you should have had one like that all along!
Reply 57
bradburyj
1) why would they care what your email is

2) the email is just there for ucas to get in touch to say u have an offer or rejection etc on track

3) they rnt going to judge your character on your email, thats what the PS, reference and interviews are for.

obv i dont recommend you all have sexual email addresses lol but im jus giving an example. i do agree that its not much effort to set up a new sensible email account tho and this is probably the best thing to do just to be on the safe side.

Even though, it's not very professional.
I'm thinking now though that the unis will already have seen my e-mail address, and so it won't make much difference now anyway..? Mine doesn't scream 'intelligence' but then it doesn't scream 'slut/idiot' either... :s-smilie:
Reply 59
I've used [email protected] for quite a while now, so I'll be ok. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending