The Student Room Group

Biology B1 Edexcel Core UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME

I will update this post in a few minutes with the answers that I can remember from the test. Post your answers below and compare them with other users - together we can build an unofficial markscheme.

Question 1
Explain how a cystic fibrosis sufferer may get more lung infections (2): They have more mucus in their lungs, meaning that there is a higher chance for an airborne disease to get stuck in the mucus of their lungs, meaning that they are more likely to get an infection.
Label the sentence (2): Enzyme and pancreas (I put stomach :frown: this is B2 anyway, why is it in B1?)
---
Find the difference in the AIDS sufferers from 2005 to 2011 (2): 2200
Why may the amount of AIDS sufferers have decreased (1): More awareness, more contraception and prevention methods
---
What tells scientists about the quality of air/water (1): Indicator species

MORE COMING...
(edited 6 years ago)
yeah you had to mention how cilia cannot move the mucus containing bacteria out of the body as it was sticky due to cystic fibrosis.
Reply 2
what did you get for the last 6 marker
im hoping I put the right answer ahah. The stimuli sends an electric impulse to the brain through the nerve cells resulting in your hand to pull away from the hot surface. It travels through the receptor Neuron and then to the sensory Neuron, relay Neuron and then the chemicals diffuse across the gap in the synapse and then travels through the motor Neuron causing the reflex action which is the thing that leads to the effort and the muscles contracting as they pull away from the stimulus. This protects the body from danger. Is that the question you mean?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Here for support
im hoping I put the right answer ahah. The stimuli sends an electric impulse to the brain through the nerve cells resulting in your hand to pull away from the hot surface. It travels through the receptor Neuron and then to the sensory Neuron, relay Neuron and then the chemicals diffuse across the gap in the synapse and then travels through the motor Neuron causing the reflex action which is the thing that leads to the effort and the muscles contracting as they pull away from the stimulus. This protects the body from danger. Is that the question you mean?

Was this on the foundation or higher paper? does anyone remember how many questions were in the B1 Higher Tier paper on the last question. The ones I remember are the arrow showing the direction of the impulse, stating what makes up the CNS (spinal cord + brain) and the multiple choice on where sensory neurones carry impulses to, and the final 6 mark question on myelinated and unmyelinated axons.
Original post by uffyeah$
I will update this post in a few minutes with the answers that I can remember from the test. Post your answers below and compare them with other users - together we can build an unofficial markscheme.

Question 1
Explain how a cystic fibrosis sufferer may get more lung infections (2): They have more mucus in their lungs, meaning that there is a higher chance for an airborne disease to get stuck in the mucus of their lungs, meaning that they are more likely to get an infection.
Label the sentence (2): Enzyme and pancreas (I put stomach :frown: this is B2 anyway, why is it in B1?)
---
Why may the amount of AIDS sufferers have decreased (1): More awareness, more contraception and prevention methods
---

MORE COMING...

This is not the regional paper right?
Are regional papers different from normal papers? My code was B1R
Reply 7
My last 6 mark question was comparing two graphs, one showing a myelinated axon, one showing an unmyelinated axon !
Reply 8
Original post by tomo2211
My last 6 mark question was comparing two graphs, one showing a myelinated axon, one showing an unmyelinated axon !

I'm scared that I didn't put enough comparison in to this
Original post by uffyeah$

Question 1
---
---

MORE COMING...

When will there be more questions and answers?
Where are the rest?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending