The Student Room Group

Urgent Question!!

im in the process of applying to UCAS,
i have finished applying and all i need to do is pay,
but there is a big debate in our school about one simple thing,
you know where you have to put all your grades that you got in AS,
if you are re-taking some of the modules in some subjects,
you put 'PENDING' on that module right?
and do you have to put 'PENDING' on the whole AS grade you got?
or do you just put the AS grade you got and only put 'PENDING' on
the modules you are re-taking??

PLZ help:smile:
Reply 1
When i re-took modules i didnt put pending for As, i put the grades, only put pending for A2, and i got places!
Reply 2
Surely if there's a chance that your AS grade might change through resits, you have to put pending? Or it's not guaranteed correct information.
Right I went through this with the lady that deals with this sort of stuff at college. What you need to do is put down your overall AS grade and the module marks. Then date that as 06/2007. Then write down the AS subject and the modules you are willing to retake and put those down under the date of 06/2008 and these would of course go down as pending.
Reply 4
You actually don't have to put your AS grades down at all. If you want, just put the A2 subjects you're doing, with "pending" as the result. My head of sixth form called up UCAS, and they said it was "preferable" to put your AS grades, but you didn't have to.
Reply 5
Oh i mis-read, sorry, i thought the original poster meant overall grade not module!SOrry
Reply 6
Conversely, I'm applying Post qualifications and because I already got my grades I didn't put in the module scores - becasue they don't have any bearing on the grades I got. I didn't need to put in grades last year so don't see why I should this time around!

Latest