The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Does that mean Selwyn is Girton's because it's somewhere in between Girton and Wolfson Court?
Chewwy
surely the granta's selywn's local!?

The Hat and Feathers is Selwyn's local ;yes;
where is this elusive hat and feathers? I've been told it's now our local too (living at St Chads - catz 2nd year acc), but have yet to exablish its location...
groovy_moose
where is this elusive hat and feathers? I've been told it's now our local too (living at St Chads - catz 2nd year acc), but have yet to exablish its location...

Very bottom of Grange Road. As in, the end that doesn't go towards Churchill.
Reply 24
tbh, the Granta should be Darwin's local, or else Queens'. Along with the Anchor. I'll make sure that I turn up to any meet that occurs this Sunday: I'm too drunk to make anote of the time and place now, but I'll make a mental note to check this place in order to remember them.

PS cider makes your head go "Blaaht".
Reply 25
See, I suggested it (semi-jokingly) because I'm lazy and thought it was the Catz second years' local, and we're definitely further from it than either Selwyn or Harvey Court. Anyway I should be there, barring unexpectedness. I'll do my best to drag Rachael (groovy moose) along too, though I promise nothing.
Reply 26
wha, it is! the granta is supposedly my local, and looking at my map, harvey court and selwyn are equal distances from it. ergo, it's selwyn's too. flawless logic.

It might indeed be the "local", but it's still not useful in the context of directions! Never mind...
Reply 27
so long as someone doesn't mind me walking me back to some place I recognize eg kings. Coz I will get lost in the dark :frown:
minimo
so long as someone doesn't mind me walking me back to some place I recognize eg kings. Coz I will get lost in the dark :frown:

of course :hugs: we'll be going up to the Colony afterwards so going in your direction :smile:
Reply 29
scarlet ibis
of course :hugs: we'll be going up to the Colony afterwards so going in your direction :smile:

okays - I'll prolly want to get home by around 11/half 11 ish, is that ok? :hugs:
Supermerp
The Hat and Feathers is closer.

The Hat and Feathers is (probably still) ****.

MB
Reply 31
minimo

I'll be heading back that way too, don't worry!

Has the Maharaja idea gone out the window then or did I miss something?
Reply 32
Maharaja is on the way to the top of the hill... and it's way way way too close to my office.
dudes - the Maharajah is like sooo far from the Granta. Why not just go the Curry Queen? Its literally next door, and really nice :smile:
generalebriety
I'm not joking. I've been here two weeks and honestly haven't spent much of that time going out outside college except for shopping and other crap. :p: Those directions kind of mean something to me, I guess... but it's okay, I've found a map. :p: Cheers. :biggrin:

:dito: :rolleyes:

Although I know where it is now.
minimo

No.. you really won't get lost!
scarlet ibis
dudes - the Maharajah is like sooo far from the Granta. Why not just go the Curry Queen? Its literally next door, and really nice :smile:

I don't like curry :frown: Stick to the Granta :puppyeyes:
Craghyrax
I don't like curry :frown: Stick to the Granta :puppyeyes:

well, theres also Bella Italia just next to the curry queen. if everyone prefer that we could make a reservation there.

poll?
I've got formal that night now coz im a muppet, maybe we could it a bit earlier so i could come along and then run away to formal?

Note: I wont be able to read replies, so once its decided if someone could text me that would be great!
So *puts organising hat on*

WHEN?

6:30 for drinks at the Granta
8:00 for dinner at [Bella Italia/curry]*

WHERE?

The Granta is here

WHO?

*Joanna*,
Catsmeat,
Craghyrax,
FadeToBlackout,
groovy_moose,
Helenia,
Meep!,
minimo,
Ozymandias,
scarlet ibis,
visesh

If i've missed anyone let me know!

* we need to decide this. I'm thinking Bella Italia since its a big place, more likely to have space, and less contentious, but if everyone's still up for curry then i'm afraid you're outnumbered, Richenda! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending