The Student Room Group

Got a job offer, shifts are dodgy yay or nay?

Well im glad to say i got a job offer from WHSmith part time temp, and its 13hrs a week

Saturday: 6pm -12am
Sunday: 3pm - 10pm

I got Jan exams as well, and im kinda worried about finishing so late at 12am and travelling back, if you were offered this and had 8/9 exams in Jan would you accept this offer or not?
Reply 1
It depends on how much you need the money.
Reply 2
I'd be inclined not to take it with that many exams. Perhaps you could negotiate the hours a bit?
Reply 3
non negotiable and im not in dire need of money, more to do with family pressure
Reply 4
What exams? Uni or A Level? Are you over 18?
Reply 5
I would say don't do it. I struggle with doing 4-8pm on a Friday and 10-6pm on a Saturday. My advice would be don't go for it, nor any other job unless it's just like 6 hours a week.
Reply 6
Gemz87
What exams? Uni or A Level? Are you over 18?

doing A levels and im 17

no1mohsin
I would say don't do it. I struggle with doing 4-8pm on a Friday and 10-6pm on a Saturday. My advice would be don't go for it, nor any other job unless it's just like 6 hours a week.

Thinking about it now, i doubt im going accept the offer
Reply 7
Do they know you're 17? I'm pretty sure that you can't work till 12am if you're under 18. Might be worth re-negotiating.
Reply 8
yeh they offered another position sat -sun 3pm - 10pm

they said they would call me the friday thats gone to confirm it and make it all official and what not, but didn't recieve any call, looks like they offered the job to someone else
M.A.H
yeh they offered another position sat -sun 3pm - 10pm

they said they would call me the friday thats gone to confirm it and make it all official and what not, but didn't recieve any call, looks like they offered the job to someone else

Those shifts would be fine, especially since they aren't even schoolnights. I work from 5-10 two nights a week, and 9:30-6:30 on a Sunday and I'm keeping up fine with my A-level work. I have seven exams in January as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending