The Student Room Group

Okay- so this is NOT the generic AS grade question I have an odd situation. Honestly!

So basically, in India everyone takes their A levels (AS +A2) linear in their last year of school. (the summer before you go to Uni)

They dont have standard certificated AS grades when they apply. And only have their predicted grades for their WHOLE A level.

I'm home schooled and I have a tutor for one of my subjects who monitiors my work etc. And she is making the predictions, i've mailed uni's asking if this is okay- they said its fine.

But- with regard to AS grades, I have done one early (Economics) and am doing AS levels in Literature & History and an A level in Psychology- this Oct/Nov examination session. Which is all early.

I have put the Economics one down on UCAS. I've asked my tutor to mention I am redoing 1 module in January.
I've also asked her to put down this whole situation above explained.

I've been reading around, and people have been saying they have not got offers without AS grades listed.
Is this true?

I'm so worried right now, I had to calm myself down for just writing this new thread!
Not true.

And universities will have lots of applicants from India, all in the same position as you.
Erm... it shouldn't matter, it should be your predicted grades that matter most. If your GCSEs (or equivalent or whatever) are in line with your A-level predicted grades, you should be fine. :smile:
Reply 3
Well yes your situation is quite rare! (i think!)

The thing is loads of ppl apply with NO AS grades! As in they list that they have not got the grade yet i think there is an option for that!

So don't worry!

I'm from Kashmir too! loool
Reply 4
WaW
Well yes your situation is quite rare! (i think!)

The thing is loads of ppl apply with NO AS grades! As in they list that they have not got the grade yet i think there is an option for that!

So don't worry!

I'm from Kashmir too! loool

Heh! I love saying im half Kashmiri, people always go woo. Like we are rare. I think we are though :P even in India!!

Ah, so people do apply without AS grades! But wouldn't their teacher ref's mention its school policy not to disclose them?

sweetfloss
Not true.

And universities will have lots of applicants from India, all in the same position as you.

Oh, thank you:smile:.
The thing is VERY few schools in India do A levels! VERY FEW. They are all changing to IB :mad: So yup.

Most Indian applicants have the Indian boards!!

generalebriety
Erm... it shouldn't matter, it should be your predicted grades that matter most. If your GCSEs (or equivalent or whatever) are in line with your A-level predicted grades, you should be fine. :smile:

Yeah I have AAAa as my predicted grades! An all the subjects I took at A-level are the ones I got A's in at IGCSE. Thats fine right?
kashmir.noir
Yeah I have AAAa as my predicted grades! An all the subjects I took at A-level are the ones I got A's in at IGCSE. Thats fine right?

Sounds it to me.
generalebriety
Sounds it to me.

Ditto
Reply 7
generalebriety
Sounds it to me.

:biggrin: Thank you for the reassurance.

sweetfloss
Ditto

:smile: Thank you for yours too.
Reply 8
You don't have to list any AS grades provided you haven't cashed them in (which I don't think you have judging from what i've read). It won't affect your application and they'll only make offers based on their judgement that you will be able to meet their standard offer; to judge this they will probably look at your predicted grades.
Reply 9
kashmir.noir
Heh! I love saying im half Kashmiri, people always go woo. Like we are rare. I think we are though :P even in India

Loool!

Well as no1mohsin said if you have not cashed them in then you dont need to mention them.

Btw i love the Kite Runner one of the best books i have ever read! Reading his new one out too!
Haha, this has nothing to do with anything, but I'm half Kashmiri too!
Reply 11
deathlyhallow

We are taking over TSR! :biggrin:
WaW
Loool!

Well as no1mohsin said if you have not cashed them in then you dont need to mention them.

Btw i love the Kite Runner one of the best books i have ever read! Reading his new one out too!

OMG you will cry. Every person, male/female has cried.
Dont read it on a *bad* day. But its amazing. Forget his stories, the way that man writes. 'WaW'

Lol.

deathlyhallow

Lets make a half Kashmiri club :biggrin:

WaW
We are taking over TSR! :biggrin:

'Tru dat!'
Reply 13
kashmir.noir
OMG you will cry. Every person, male/female has cried.
Dont read it on a *bad* day. But its amazing. Forget his stories, the way that man writes. 'WaW'

Lol.

Yeah i think he is brilliant! He is actually a Dr! Which i never new! I think as you said the way he writes is just mind-blowing the way he can make ppl feel the culture is great!

Latest

Trending

Trending