The Student Room Group

Teachers rejections?

Recently I've been finding my work hard (I take Chem and Bio and they sometimes seem impossible to understand)

Since I had no confidence at the start of term, broke down etc my parents wrote in asking for extra help from Chem.
It really helped and I'm more confident now but I've been told by my school that my teachers aren't happy with the situation and I should drop to 3 AS Levels (see other post..).
Still undecided on that.

But I don't get it. I asked Bio to explain something ONCE. Yet my teachers aren't happy, seeing as no one else asks. I go to a clever school so obviously most people understand it.

I've stopped seeing my chem teacher as I don't want to be considered as a pest but do you think a tutor would help?

I'm a very dependent person, and become upset/frustrated if I can't understand something. I never used to have this much confidence to ask for help but apparently it isn't wanted?
Your teachers are paid to teach you. You're entitled for extra tuition and should not be put off by their apparent annoyance. Perhaps try and get more help from friends though and ease your dependence on the teaching staff?
^ Yeah true. I often ask my maths genius friend to explain something if I don't understand it.
I'd stick with it, I wouldn't recommend dropping down to 3 AS Levels.

Latest