The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There's a film school in America called 'Full Sail'. I'd love to have done an extra year (or two) over there; if I was rich.
Reply 2
cool. which uni are you at now?
Reply 3
UCLan :biggrin:
Reply 4
Oh Right...dirr.. (looks At Sig)
Reply 5
I'll be abroad next year.

Likely to be spending half the year at Sciences Po (Paris) or Université Libre de Bruxelles followed by an internship/stage (at an NGO, think tank or agency along those lines) in either Paris or Belgium.
i want to study in Canada, probably UBC.
Reply 7
wow rainy...that seems exciting. you looking forward to it?
what are internships?
can I ask...how do you get scholarships?
squishy...all the best.
Reply 8
dream123
can I ask...how do you get scholarships?

Usually by 1. doing a bit of research to find out which scholarships (if any) you're actually eligible for, 2. applying for them and 3. being lucky.
Reply 9
hobnob
Usually by 1. doing a bit of research to find out which scholarships (if any) you're actually eligible for, 2. applying for them and 3. being lucky.

thnks for that.
i'm in sixth form now but when i go to university i hope i can do a term or a year in either america, brazil or canada.
I'm applying for a modern language degree, so I'll spending my third year (2010-2011) in France and Italy. I'm not quite sure where yet. Obviously Paris appeals, but the chances of me being able to use my French well there are minimal. I quite like Montpelier and Venice though :smile:

If I don't get into University this year, I'll be taking a gap year and working in a hotel in Montpelier while I reapply. That should be fun :smile:
I've just sent my application to ucas, all of the courses i've applied for include a year abroad, it is definitely something that i want to do. I'd like to go to either America or Australia most. I really hope that i get the chance :biggrin:
France and Portugal
I'd study a broad anywhere she'd take me.
Reply 15
Da Bachtopus
I'd study a broad anywhere she'd take me.

Ah, but that's assuming the broad wants to be studied...
hobnob
Ah, but that's assuming the broad wants to be studied...

Assuming also that she exists in three-dimensional space, then she should equally be both deep and high, which suggests a certain open-mindedness, conducive to such examination.
Reply 17
Da Bachtopus
Assuming also that she exists in three-dimensional space, then she should equally be both deep and high, which suggests a certain open-mindedness, conducive to such examination.

Good point. So it would have to be a deep broad as well as a broad broad?
hobnob
Good point. So it would have to be a deep broad as well as a broad broad?

I think her being high is probably more important. Though obviously the deeper, the further you can get.
Reply 19
applied to Cal Tech for a 3rd yr student exchange. my uni only has positions for 2 students, so my chances are diddly squat, but bought the lottery ticket anyway.... it would be an amazing place to study molecular biology, but me thinks that they'll only send the engineering types there... boo!
Mind you the other unis in california would be OK, but they're so huge it just wouldn't be the same.

Latest

Trending

Trending