The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Mmm im not sure about calling ...i think i would get really nervous and worry that it would somehow affect my chances...Ive emailed though. Yes they would def. be my top choice. If its a rejection then i will probs go for leeds / maybe durham
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 81
Yea you're right actually that might not be a good idea. I just read in a forum that someone was waiting 5 months for their Edinburgh reply, that's ridiculous!

What grades do you currently have since I see that you have an unconditional offer?
Reply 82
my grades are AAAab. Just hope i hear something in the next 10 days or so. I dont actually think i will be able to wait any longer lol. 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????
Reply 83
Well you have better grades than me so you definitely stand a chance
Reply 84
thanks very much. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone else still waiting :smile:
Reply 85
is anyone else still waiting for english at edinburgh...?
Reply 86
hmm it looks like the 19th is the last post offer open day so I doubt its a good thing for those of us still waiting ...:frown:
Reply 87
Hey I live abroad, and I have an offer for English Literature. I was invited to the 5th and 19th of March open days, but only got the invite on the 1st of March, so I couldn't make the first one! Unfortunately I am on holiday on the 19th. I am thinking of making Edinburgh my insurance, it is vital for me to make it to the open day?? Thanks :s
Reply 88
cheerios
hmm it looks like the 19th is the last post offer open day so I doubt its a good thing for those of us still waiting ...:frown:

I'm still waiting! I can't understand why they would wait this long to reject us, surely they would have done that earlier?
Reply 89
It's a bit ridiculous to be honest. The open day is in a week and I can't go so I'm trying to organise my own :frown:
Reply 90
im still waiting!... Not so worried now though as just went to see leeds and loved it! Good luck everyone!
Reply 91
That is quite shoking considering the open day is on wednesday.
I really want to go to newcastle but wont get the grades
Reply 92
Got an offer yesterday :smile:
Reply 93
rache11a
Yea you're right actually that might not be a good idea. I just read in a forum that someone was waiting 5 months for their Edinburgh reply, that's ridiculous!

I've been waiting 5 months :frown: nearly six now. I applied in October (early applicant). It's really annoying considering I want to begin applying for accommodation at my first choice!

Edit:

Envy Eyes
I'm still waiting! I can't understand why they would wait this long to reject us, surely they would have done that earlier?

Well, I had to wait 5 months for Bristol to reject me :frown: