The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's interesting some of you think that all the redbrick's are in par in terms of reptuation. However, at my school Birmingham is really looked low compared to like Manchester. What do you think of that? I live near Birmingham Uni and I think the campus is beautiful. So, in terms of reputation, who's better Birmingham or Manchester?

Thanks x
Reply 21
BornUnderPunches
I think the only two in scot. I'd really want to apply to are Ed. and St. Andy's, but they both want (DEMAND!) a GCSE MFL.

B*stards.

Lol Sorry that was a bit of a trick question, there are no red brick unis in Scotland, only England (and more specifically the North of England).
Reply 22
smoosabitmega
Wow I never knew they were called Redbricks.....I have a faint connection to something rather Enid Blyton-y in my head..BUT I'm sure that is unrelated...:frown:

'The Family at Red-Roofs' is a good book by her... :p:
Reverie.
'The Family at Red-Roofs' is a good book by her...
:p:

SEE!

Plus I vaguely remember there being a rival school to Malory Towers/St. Clares....redroofs or something...
Reply 24
Oh yeah, you're right! I think it was St Clare's rival maybe, and lots of the twins' friends went there...

I should have totally put E.B. in my PS.
Reverie.
Oh yeah, you're right! I think it was St Clare's rival maybe, and lots of the twins' friends went there...

I should have totally put E.B. in my PS.

I loved the Twins at St. Clare's....and their midnight feasts and stuff :biggrin:
Me too! Me too! I read St Clares and Mallory Towers all about 10 times each book. Oooo I want to read Mallory Towers now (Which WAS better). I wanted to be Alicia and Darell was such a good sport tehehe. Ginger beer at the midnight feasts and 'apple pie' beds. I cried in the 4th book when Darell had head of form taken away from her for hitting Alicia's cousin. I think it may have been the first time I ever cried during a book. I was really genuinely upset.
Reply 27
Last Summer's Dream
Me too! Me too! I read St Clares and Mallory Towers all about 10 times each book. Oooo I want to read Mallory Towers now (Which WAS better). I wanted to be Alicia and Darell was such a good sport tehehe. Ginger beer at the midnight feasts and 'apple pie' beds. I cried in the 4th book when Darell had head of form taken away from her for hitting Alicia's cousin. I think it may have been the first time I ever cried during a book. I was really genuinely upset.

Haha, I remember that - June was such a brat. And yup, Mallory Towers was soooo much better than St Clare's. ;yes;

I've given most of mine away now. :frown:
Tehe. My Mummy said to me she regretted throwing/giving hers away andn that she wished she'd have kept her copies so that I could have read them. So, I'm keeping all of them for when I have children and the Far Away Tree books and The Famous 5 and Secret 7. :biggrin:

I'm so tempted to read through them all now.
Reply 29
i had a simlar problem - i couldnt chose between leeds, nottingham, sheffield and birmingham, and in the end went for leeds because its like no 5 in the country for english and is really good according to my teachers. not sure about the philosophy part tho
XX
Reply 30
I changed Leeds to Nottingham.

I imagine it, as an overall university, is marginally better. It's also further away from me, and I think I prefer the city.
Reply 31
sussex is made of red bricks

WOO!

Latest

Trending

Trending